39) Purged

"I never want to do that again," I groan, stumbling out of the mine cart David forced us into. Vincent lays a hand on my shoulder to steady me, glowing eyes gentle.

You want to kiss him.

Pff, no... Okay maybe a little, but we've gotta focus on this mission thing.

Hm.

My heart skips when his eyes lock on mine and stay.

"As much as I like a cheesy love scene, PDA isn't my thing," David speaks up, ruining the moment. If that even was considered a moment.

Jealous one, isn't he?

Probably. But he still considers Vincent a friend, so it's not like he's gonna do anything too drastic.

"Let's go," Vincent pulls away reluctantly, following David down the corridor once more. I huff irritably and trail after them. Of course, then Vince feels the need to be my flipping bodyguard, walking by my side closely. I frown at the silence surrounding us, the soundlessness annoying the heck out of me.

"The elevator should be just up ahead," David says, the three of us starting across a bridge. There's a loud popping noise and then the ground shifts. Oh crap. The bridge falls, swinging out and leaving us falling deeper into the enemy's territory. I squeak and grab Vincent, who sighs and lands on his feet like a cat. Ow.

"Thanks Vince," I smile, kissing his cheek and following Dave, who's on the move again. We move on to something like a really long porch, shooting down snipers and warriors alike. I get shot once in the leg, chugging a potion and jumping back into battle. Can't let the guys have all the fun, now can we?

"That didn't work too well," David points out, blood still leaking from the bullet wound. I shrug indifferently and walk on, not caring for his concern. Vincent, instead of acknowledging my injuries, just shoves a potion at me and forces me to drink it. Ugh, so gross. I don't know how I drank so many with Avalanche. I grimace.

"Ew, that one was really nasty. What the heck are you feeding me, jerk?" Vincent rolls his eyes and walks on. "Are you serious? I'm not kidding, that was nasty. Wanna try some?"

"The bottle is empty," he points out, turning around in exasperation. David sighs and walks past the two of us, tired of seeing things that remind him of his days with me. I smirk.

"So?"

"So it would be impossible to..." I pull his head down toward me, attaching my mouth to his. He tolerates the kiss for a moment before grimacing and yanking away a fast as he can.

"Gross?" I tilt my head, hands on my hips.

"Absolutely vile," he agrees. "Though I'm sure that was not all the potion..."

"What?!" I glare at him. A small smile breaks out onto his mouth, a teasing spark in his eyes. "Screw you." With that, I brush past him and hurry after our little tour guide.

You have. He has. Whichever.

Shadow!