20. "Hello Son"

Ashley's POV
"I'm so nervous" I mumble to Alicon as she waves my hair for me at my vanity table.

Today is the day of the New Years mascaraed ball, and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. I was barely able to sleep a wink last night due to the traffic going on in my head.

"Don't be, trust me Cole will make sure nothing will happen to you and if you want to come back at anytime just tell Cole and he will sort out a lift straight away to get you back" Alicon gives me a re assuring smile through the mirror.

"Thank you" I force a wavy smile back looking over my make up in the mirror.

I have a dark blood red lips, my cheekbones and jawline were on full display with the small bit of contour Alicon put on me to just define them slightly more, my eyebrows were done to perfection and last but not least I had the black liquid sharp winged eyeliner with false lashes to pull it together.

Fierce yet simple.

"Annnnndd.. done!" Alicon says finishing the last strand of hair that is now wavy.

I can't help but smile back at my reflection.
The blond wavy hair falls over my shoulders perfectly.

"Thank you Alicon" standing up I give her a smile before wrapping my arms around her. She tightly hugs me back and after a while we pull away.

"You are absolutely stunning hunny" she gleams and motions for me to follow her to the full length mirror.

I look over myself with an approving smile, the black dress Cole bought me fits like a glove along with the shoes.

Alison walks to my vanity table and I watch her through the mirror as she picks up a couple of rings and pieces of jewellery for me.

"I hope you don't mind, but I got your dad to bring some of your jewellery over yesterday from your house so you could wear them"

"I don't mind, thank you"

She hands me my rings first and I put them on the right finger I usually wear them on, all silver and have slightly different looks and designs on them, then she hands me a small box I had my septum piercings in.

Gently I open the box hoping I won't drop them, and pick out a plain silver one.

With ease I quickly put in the piercing and allow Alicon to quickly spray perfume on me.

"Oh my days" she gushes and I swear I see tears line her eyes as she looks me over.

"I can't get over how splendid you look" she sighs happily and I can't help the small red blush that forms on my cheeks from the compliments.

"I wouldn't look like this without your amazing help, honestly I said it already but thank you Alicon, you have done so much for me"

She kisses my forehead gingerly like a mother would do to her kid, before she goes back to my vanity and starts to clean up again.

My heart flutters happily with the small sign of motherly like affection.

The door gets a sudden knock, "can I come in?" Elijah calls out.