21. The Night

Cole's POV
"Hello son"

Rage and anger boils inside me with just the sight of him, but I push it to the back of my mind, for Ashley, and for my own sake.

"Vincent" I nod in greeting back, he holds out his hand for me to shake.

I keep my eyes dead looking into his, I take his hand and we firmly shake hands for a second before we move our hands away.

Vincent tears his poisonous eyes off of me and to Ashley instead.

One thing I hate is how I resemble my 'father' so much.

The one person I absolutely despise, I have to look like.

"You must be Ashley, pleasure to meet you" he quirks a seductive like eyebrow and takes her hand placing a kiss on it, keeping his eyes on hers. I clench and un-clench my jaw trying not to let it show that it gets to me.

"pleasure to meet you to, Vincent" she nods back and when he lets go off her hand and moves to fully open the door to allow us in, I can see Ashley wipe the back of her hand on her dress.

I can't help the small smirk playing on my lips as she walks into the house first and I enter right after.

"The ball is just about to begin, you two will be checked and then escorted to where your names will be called out" Vincent says motioning to one of his body guards who stands watching us.

"Tonight will be great, so get loose and have fun" he says looking to me and then to Ashley with a secretive look before walking off.

"Arms out please and legs spread out" the security orders and starts patting me down from my head to my feet.

"And you Miss"

Ashley does the same letting him quickly trace over her. I watch carefully to make sure he doesn't play any slick moves.

"Clear, please follow me" he orders and starts walking further into the house.

The two of us follow after him, Ashley's heels can be heard lightly clicking on the expensive white tiles.

"You wouldn't ever know someone was brutally murdered in here before, would you?" She mumbles in a voice only just audible.

"That's the first thing you thought about?" I chuckle shaking my head.

"How could you not"

The silence of the house is eerily uncomfortable.

Though no one is in sight, you can feel the eyes of people on you, probably from the immense of hidden guards and the amount of cameras.

"Through these double doors, you two have to wait for your names to be read out separately"

I nod to him and he walks off, probably to go back and check in more people.

The music can be heard through the doors as clear as ever.

"Do you know how to dance?" I ask Ash looking down at her.