35. Is it possible for a Man to have baby fever?

Lewis's POV
We all sit in the living room, a deafening silence between us.

Moving my chain around I sink into the comfort of Elijah's hoodie, the scent of his aftershave making me feel like he's next to me.

Everyone is off in their own world, Cole has his eyes shut tightly with his head back against the couch, his eyebrows furrowed deeply as he holds Ashley's hand which rests on his lap.

Ashley has a mug of tea and is staring off into space.
Alison is sniffling and blowing her nose into a tissue every two minutes as she quietly talks to Ashley's dad.

Daniel, James, Ryan and Luke are showing one another the memories they have on their phones of Elijah, every now and then one of them lets out a light laugh to lighten the mood.

Noah and Ethan are upstairs playing with their toys, too young to fully comprehend the meaning of death.

Lost in my own thoughts I chuckle to myself when a memory pops into my mind.

"You okay Lewis?" Alison asks at my sudden laugh.

"Just remembered something with Elijah"

I look to her across the room, dark bags line underneath her eyes, "how about we all say the best memory we have with Elijah. And instead of crying in sadness, I want us all to cry in happiness at how much he impacted our lives. Lewis you go first since you said you just thought of one"

Clearing the lump in my throat with a hard swallow I nod, "I remember how whenever I came over to the house, Elijah and I some nights at exactly 2am would go into the alcohol press and take a few bottles of whatever was there before we would sneak out the window and skate to the skate park where we would drink and just talk about the most random shit. One night in particular, I remember he said that if he were ever to pass, he hopes the day he passes has the most beautiful sunset in remembrance of him"

"That's why whenever we would once in a fortnight have drinks there never seemed to be anything in the cupboard. I always blamed Cole in my mind but never had proof" Alison says as everyone laughs.

"Of course I was blamed" Cole shakes his head with a slight smile on his face.

"Sure didn't Cole one of the nights chase you down the street with a bat thinking you were breaking into the house?" Ryan asks directed towards to me.

"He did, that was fucking terrifying, I could never pick which was the most terrifying bit though, it was a close tie between a half naked Cole running after me or the bat being swung around viciously... Nah it was definitely the half naked Cole" I shudder dramatically on purpose as everyone laughs even more at the story.

"This isn't even a memory talk on Elijah it's straight up a shit talk on me" Cole says in a deadpan tone.

"Actually I don't think I told anyone this before, of course Lewis knows, but one night I was feeling hungry as most do around midnight, so I waddled down the stairs, right, and go to the kitchen, deciding to take the quick route I opened the living room door and there before my eyes was when I realised Elijah and Lewis were anything but friends. The two of them no longer gun fighting on COD but instead tongue fighting right before my very own eyes"
Daniel says looking horrified as he recalls what happened, Luke, Ryan and Cole equally look just as disgusted.