ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 46

IT ALL WENT TO HELL BEFORE SHE EVEN KNEW IT

And this is how it started.

"Alright, people," Katherine began, clapping her hands to get everyone's attention. Once the humans, witch, warlock, wolves, and an original vampire gathered around in the backyard, Katherine went over the plan once more.

"So, Maddox, Kol, and I will go to the prison world while Greta stays here and holds the fort for us, in case the Gemini Coven comes for a visit. I mean, even though we are behind a cloaking spell, I wouldn't put it past them to come looking for this―" she says, twisting the ascendant in her hands for everyone to see. "I don't know just how much connection this little metal piece has with the coven leader, nor do I know if it will notify Joshua Parker if someone were to use it. But since there weren't any close calls with them for two months now, I wouldn't worry about it."

One of the wolves growled, gaining the vampires' attention.

"No, Oliver―" she interjects, rolling her eyes. "You can't eat him if he comes here looking for the ascendant," Katherine declares, looking at the grey wolf before her. When the wolf cocks his head to the side, as if questioning her decision, Katherine sighs, explaining further, "Because the prison worlds are connected to coven leader. If the leader were to die, the worlds either collapse or merge. In both cases, I am screwed."

"Yes, there is more than one prison world," Katherine answers to Jackson this time. "There's one 1903 prison world that has like 10 of those psychotic heretics. And trust me, we don't want to touch that bag with a 10-foot pole."

Because no matter how badass the heretics were, Katherine doesn't really have any use with them. And one heretic is easy to control than 6. And if she were to get them out along with Lilly Salvatore, there will be Julian and his army to deal with. Which she wasn't looking forward to, honestly. So, yeah. No thanks.

"Alright, can you stop talking to the mutts?" Kol chimes in loudly, "It's weird to watch."

At that, Katherine and the wolves looked at the psychotic vampire, absolutely offended.

"It really is," Greta admitted, with a wince, causing the group to huff.

"Fine," Katherine relented with a huff. She then went back to the matter at hand. "Anyways, as I was saying, once we reach this freaky parallel universe, Maddox will perform a locator spell, and we will send Kai a message to meet us in a day's time if he wants to get out of there."

Katherine cuts herself off, distracted. "I think Kai would definitely know if someone enters his world, though," she says. "But it will take some time for him to find us that way. So, we will just use the magical means. And when we do, meet him, I will explain our conditions, and if he agrees to help us, the four of us will return in the end. And it will be happily ever after for everyone."