ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

AS SOON AS KATHERINE STUMBLED through Mrs. Flowers's front door in the wee hours of the morning, she decided to have her well-earned sleep. And due to this action, she didn't get to meet Damon the previous night and didn't rile him up like the original Katherine. In return, Damon didn't go to Gilbert's and tried to kill Jeremy.

The Salvatore brothers, however, weren't that lucky in that section. They didn't get to catch a wink of sleep with an endless cascade of thoughts running the show. Which caused the older Salvatore to start drinking before six in the early morning.

"Care for one?" Damon asked his brother, who just came from outside.

"No, thank you. I'm not hungry, just ate," replied the Ripper.

"Are you worried that one day, all the forest animals are gonna band together and fight back? I mean, surely they talk," Damon mused.

"I'm just happy that's a blood bag and not a sorority girl supplying your dinner," Stefan commented instead.

"I like this. You, walking on eggshells around me because you think I'm gonna explode. Very suspenseful. Is Elena worried too? I bet I'm your every conversation," Damon voiced in a smug tone.

"Have you heard from Katherine?" Stefan asked with a sigh, coming to the point.

"I think the Lockwood's have a family secret because the Gilbert device affected them, but vervain didn't; so, they're not vampires, they're something else," said Damon, deflecting the question.

"Is this your new obsession?" Stefan questioned, understanding his brother's insistence to not talk about anything related to the brunette vampire.

"You'd rather some unknown supernatural element running rampant upon our town," Damon retorted.

"We haven't seen the last of Katherine; you do know that, right? We have no idea what she's up to," Stefan reminded his bourbon-obsessed brother.

"Sure, we do. Katherine came back to profess her undying, eternal love for you, so I'm gonna let you deal with her because I have more important things to do ―like explode. Cheers!" Damon said smoothly, walking away.

"Are we really doing this? I thought we talked about this," said Stefan with a heavy sigh, "And you did say she professed her undying, eternal love to you too. There is no need to be jealous that she talked to me. She said she was avoiding you ―more like she is avoiding your questions."

"As I said, I don't care, Stefan," Damon snapped fiercely and left, not before hearing his brother's words about being in denial.

★ ➷ 。• ☆

Katherine, who had been oblivious to everything that's going out in the world, got up just in time for lunch Mrs. Flowers prepared for her. She then stayed up the whole day, going through Original Katherine's phone for useful contacts and bank accounts. Catherine went through her google maps for previous locations Katherine visited and noted them down on her to-do list. She decided to visit the bank in New York as soon as she takes a short break from Mystic Falls in the next coming days. She then talked to Isobel and Mason while she was at it. Both of which went peacefully without any difficulties.