ᎄʜᎀ᎘᎛ᎇʀ 11

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MASON IS HERE?" Caroline asked through the phone, her confusion quite clear.

"The literal meaning Caroline. Mason Lockwood is in Mystic Falls," I said with a sigh, "He just left for the Lockwood Mansion."

"Why is he here?" She questioned again.

"It seems baby Lockwood found out the truth about his family's curse. He came across a diary and video of werewolves transformation, which Mason left in the old Lockwood cellar," I explained to her the same thing Mason told me just minutes before.

"Oh," she said.

"Really, Oh?" I snapped, irritated by the one-word reply, my frustration getting the better of me.

"Sorry, Kat," Caroline sighed weakly. "It's just —today was crazy. I got a huge aneurysm, Dr. Martin stole Bonnie's powers, and now you are telling me Elijah is daggered and Mason Lockwood is back in town," She reasoned.

"Bonnie lost her powers?" Now it was my turn to be confused. Then I remembered the episode from the show. Shit! How did I forget about this? "Are you all okay?"

Wait! Since when did I care about these pesky teenagers?

"Yeah," Caroline answered, oblivious to my inner monologue. "We went to my house as you told, and then suddenly, Dr. Martin barged in; he stuck Jeremy to the wall and gave me a huge migraine and took away Bonnie's powers for entering Lukas's mind illegally," said Caroline.

"Now, how do you think he will react when he gets to know Elijah's daggered?" I wondered out loud.

"I don't even want to think about it," she replied honestly. "Our luck is like a bald guy who just won a comb." I chuckled at that a little.

I paused, remembering our situation once again. "Okay. Enough of jokes. I want you to do something?" I said to her, sternly, getting into Katherine mode.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I want you to follow Mason," I said through the phone. "I don't think he came here alone after his nearly experienced death weeks ago."

"Why can't you just ask him?" She queried from the other end.

"Because I don't think he trusts me anymore. I don't even know if he came here for Tyler's sake," I responded.

"You are paranoid," she stated with a sigh.

"I am not paranoid," I denied vehemently. "I am just exceedingly knowledgeable about all the things that can go catastrophically wrong in life," I explained to the young vampire.

"That's what people usually call paranoia," the blonde said in a deadpanned tone.

"No, it's not," I explained calmly.