ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38

I DON'T REALLY KNOW what I expected when I blurted out my question to Kol Mikaelson. I don't think he expected that either. But the name Silas certainly did things to him. That too, not in a good way. Even though his face looked composed, the hold on my waist tightened...enough to leave a bruise if I was a human. I just tapped my hand that was on his shoulder a couple of times, and Kol loosened his grip a little. We both still swayed to the music, feigning as if I just didn't drop a nuclear bomb.

"I take it you hate him as much as I do," I muttered softly, my tone drowned in the music that played, but it was clear enough for Kol. "Lucky for both of us. I happen to know where he is buried at."

Kol narrowed his eyes a little, trying to figure me. Examining to decide if what I am saying was true or not. So, I continued as soon as he spun me out and reeled me back into his arms. "Let's talk. Tomorrow, early morning seven," I frowned, "Assuming you are a morning person, that is," when he just looked at me with amusement, I proceeded. "Come by the Old Wickery Bridge."

"If I were to know you are bluffing..." Kol began a hint of threat in his eyes.

"...You will kill me," I completed, "Painfully."

Kol grinned at the last part. "It's a date, darling," with that he spun me one last time.

"Did I just hear the word, Date," Stefan said to me in the form of a greeting as he caught my left hand and whirled me into his arms.

"It's more of an information download and exchange thing," I said, following his lead. "What about you?" I inquired, "Got your memories about Rebekah back?"

Stefan made an unexplainable face at that. "Compulsion can't be overridden, not even by an original. So Klaus should be the one to give me back my memories."

I hummed at that, "Hmm. Bet the blondie isn't happy hearing about that?"

"Yeah," Stefan said, "She is one hundred percent Klaus sister, alright."

"Half-sister," I corrected even though he knew. "Anyway, forget about them. This is about you. Do you want them back?"

Stefan seemed a little surprised at the question. "I don't know," he began thoughtfully, "I guess. They are my memories after all, and it's not like I am getting my feelings back just because I remember them now, am I?"

I made a sound of agreement in the back of my throat, "I suppose," I said, my lips puckered a little in concentration. "And it's okay even if you feel, you know. Klaus and Rebekah maybe little cuckoo in their heads, but you guys clicked back then. I guess you liked that they accepted you even at your worst."

Stefan tilted his head, attentive to hear what he no longer remembers. "Anyway," I dragged, "What I am trying to say is, I will love you even if you become a Gollum, or, Rebekah Mikaelson's boyfriend."