ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36

"NO," KATHERINE SAID with a scoffing chuckle, expressing just how ridiculous he was.

"Kateri..." He said, trying to show he was serious.

"No, Klaus," the doppelganger stressed out.

"Just, here me out..."

"I. Am. Not. Going. To the stupid ball, your evil mother is organizing," Katherine said with conviction.

Apparently, The Bennett witches gave witchy visions until Bonnie was obsessed with finding her mother and then took them both for a ride to open Esther from her coffin.

It's been a week now, and Caroline and Jeremy have been helping Bonnie after the physical violation she experienced and both teenagers have been updating Katherine about it every day.

Of course, Katherine was pissed when she learned they didn't tell her until the very end, even though they both call the doppelganger every single day for some shitty reason.

And Esther, after giving a speech about family, forgiveness, and shit...is planning to throw a back from the dead party, which she invited Katherine, the last standing doppelganger - well at least for the world she is last - to come.

"I am not asking you. This is me calling in the favor, you owe me," Klaus said.

"Hey! Remember the time I saved you from your psychotic stepfather?"

"I lent you my witch and warlock for that favor. This favor is regarding the blood you took with you," Klaus said, and Katherine was sure the hybrid was rolling his eyes.

"So you are saying, the price for saving your life is lending your two witches for a day," Katherine commented, striving to say just how ridiculously he makes a deal.

At that, she heard a sigh. "Look. I just want to know what my mother is up to. And she asked for you in particular. So, can't you just come for a couple of hours. I will let you take Maddox and Greta again... for a week if you want."

"Now you are just sounding desperate," Katherine said, exhaling a sigh. She remained silent for a bit before continuing. "Klaus, I don't want to come anywhere near your deranged mother, not after all the shit Esther did and is probably trying to do. What if she hexes me to die some horrible death? I don't have to explicitly tell you just how paranoid I am. How do you just expect me to walk into your house knowing how and what she is?"

There was a shuffle on the other side, and then Elijah spoke. "Katerina. Ever since my mother came back, my whole family is on their toes. We know very well what my mother is capable of. We also know what all she had a hand in. We are just acting as if we are one big happy family but, we all know it is anything but that. So, if she expects us to believe her, then there is no way my mother even knows how we foiled her plans."