ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24

"I GO AWAY FOR FIVE MINUTES, and everything goes to shit," I bellowed into the phone.

"How would I know that Bonnie will screw up?" Stefan tried to push the blame. But, I am not going to let him off the hook that easily. How dare they ask for my help on the verge of doomsday? If they have told about it a little earlier, this might have not even happened.

"Well, it's Bonnie. She is a novice witch, without any guidance, or mentor," I couldn't help but scoff at the lame reasoning. "What do you think was going to happen?"

Stefan sighed, "Look, Damon said you may know a few things about the Other Side. So, can you just...help us?" and continued after a pause, "Please."

"Fine," I snapped, "Just give me some time," with that, I hung up the phone.

"What got you in the mood?" The Greek witch asked, sprinkling few extra chocolate chips in the cookie dough she is trying to prepare.

"They screwed up, again," I muttered, clenching my fists. "Bonnie Bennett brought the Baby Gilbert back from the dead when he died in a crossfire between the police and vampires."

"At what price?" Melantha asked knowingly, as she took a small amount of dough to check the taste. And then, added two more drops of vanilla essence when she decided it's not sweet enough.

"Well, Jeremy is seeing his dead girlfriends, for one," I said, and she nodded, asking me to continue, "And in doing so, Bonnie cracked the door open to Other Side."

"And..." Melantha drawled, as she placed small balls of dough on the cookie sheet.

"And, when Bonnie learned about it, she did a ritual to send the ex-dead-girlfriend back, only for it to backfire in her face. If I am correct, the original witch is using this to her advantage by opening the door wide open, and she is giving a free pass to all the ghosts to complete their unfinished business," I elaborated.

"And, what is this witch getting in return?" The former witch questioned, as she placed the tray in the preheated oven.

"Satisfaction. Balance in nature. Esther doesn't want Klaus to create more hybrids, and for him to not do that, Elena must die. No doppelganger blood; no more hybrids," I tried to explain it as much as possible.

"Do you know how to close the door, then?" Melantha asked calmly, setting the temperature.

"Yes. They have to destroy Esther's talisman. The Original witch is using it to draw power from this side. Or, that's what they say in the show," I said, shaking my head to clear my thoughts.

"Then what's the problem. Why do you seem so troubled?" the white-haired witch asked, confused at my irate behavior.

"Because, this is not supposed to happen for another two months, or so. And I don't know how many spirits came back from the other side. Nor do I know, if they are bad-mouthing about me...the real Katherine. I kinda worked hard for them to trust me, you know. I don't want some dead spirit screwing it up," I said. What if I slipped up about my true self when there was some spirit watching over me. Or, what if someone started bitching about the real Katherine Pierce by now. Let's not forget the tragic death of Lucy Bennett, which I had my hand in. Or, Emily Bennett, who died because of the canon Katherine Peirce. All the work I did to gain allies could go down the drain, in a snap.