ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

"HELLO, KATHERINE," Damon greeted, opening the door for me to enter the Boarding house.

"Any reason you summoned be this early?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Don't be so cranky. This way," he said, leading me to the living room.

"You―" Elena shouted as soon as I entered, "―What is she doing here? What is Rose doing here?"

"Don't shout. We all have a good hearing," I said, keeping my fingers in my ears.

"Okay, you have to understand, I only know what I've picked up over the years, and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's a problem with all this vampire crap, but Klaus, I know he's real," Rose started explaining.

"Who is he?" Elena asked, now calmly, knowing she is getting the information needed.

"He's one of the originals. He's a legend," Damon said.

"From the first generation of vampires," Stefan said.

"Like Elijah?!" asked Elena.

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal," said Rose, to which I snorted, gaining everyone's attention

"I mean, sure, I agree that Klaus is a real deal, but did you just compare Elijah to the Easter bunny even after he decapitated Trevor?" I asked, raising my eyebrow, and Rose glared at me.

Hit a nerve, did I?

"Klaus is known to be the oldest," Stefan said.

"No, Elijah is oldest if you are looking at the age," I informed the 'hero hair.'

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena said

"You are so full of yourself," I muttered, which all the vampires heard except for the dumb human.

"Yes," Rose said

"No," said Stefan simultaneously.

"Don't be shy, Stefan," I chided the younger vampire. "I thought you told her the story."

"I wasn't specific with the names," Stefan muttered with a sigh.

"Well, my doppelganger, Klaus is the one that tried to sacrifice me and killed my family, and Elijah is the older brother I fell in love with," I explained to Elena. I then turned towards Stefan, cautioning, "I think you should probably take my double as far as possible before Klaus gets here."

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you both are here," Stefan said.

"Not that you know of," said Rose