ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 43

"SO, WHERE WERE YOU THE OTHER NIGHT?" Katherine asked Stefan as they stepped out of her Porsche.

"Just....out," Stefan shrugged casually, "you know-"

Katherine narrowed her eyes at the Ripper, not at all believing his blatant lie, "uh...ah," she made a noise at the back of her throat. "You sure don't have anything to tell me?"

"Nope," he said little too quickly. "Not a thing."

"If you say so," The older vampire decided not to push the matter anymore when Stefan obviously didn't want to talk about it. She then walked towards the front porch of a craftsman style house and rang the doorbell. It didn't take long for the occupant to answer the door.

"Hello, Bon Bon," Katherine greeted the town witch. "Do you have what I want?"

Bonnie Bennett just rolled her eyes at the nickname and invited the two vampires in, holding the door wide open.

"Wait here a second," she muttered to the pair and went up the stairs, leaving them in her drawing-room. She came back a few moments later with a worn-out book in her hand. Katherine, who had seen Bonnie's house for the first time, was scanning the place alongside Stefan. When she sensed the witch's arrival, the doppelganger turned around and reached her hand to take the grimoire she has come for. But Bonnie withdrew her hand back before the vampire could even touch it, causing Katherine to pout ever so lightly.

Conditions, Katherine thought with a sigh when she saw Bonnie's resolute face. Here we go.

"I don't know why you want this," Bonnie honestly didn't.

She was surprised when she received the call from the ancient vampire two days ago, asking her to search for a grimoire that held spell upon Prison worlds of Gemini Coven. The vampire said she was calling in for the favor she did in helping them close the Ghost world that Bonnie had accidentally opened. Even though it wasn't much of a help, Bonnie decided to do as requested as a way to repay the vampire for introducing the eccentric, hot-headed, Greek witch in her tough times.

"Nor do I want to know how you even know about this particular book and spell, when I, myself, didn't," Bonnie began eyeing the doppelganger before her distrustfully, not knowing whether she was opening a prison world or breaking someone out. Either way, it didn't settle well with her. But Bonnie Bennett was past caring about good and bad after all the shit she went through, since the last summer. "And even though I don't have even a speck of good feeling about whatever you are planning, I don't like to be owed to you. So consider this my payment for introducing me to Mrs. Stavros."

Catherine couldn't help but snort at Bonnie's polite way of addressing Melantha.

"You do know she is not really married right," Katherine commented, offhandedly, gabbing the book from Bonnie's hands before the witch decided to change her mind.