ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND what the bloody hell happened to me.

One minute I was bitching about how the main character in the show, Elena Gilbert, got a happy ending while all others' life got fucked up, and the next thing I know, there was a bang and a flash of bright light. And suddenly, I was standing somewhere in total solitude, on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere, holding an unfamiliar dress and an outdated bag—

I turned slowly on the spot, and the first and most obvious thing I noticed was my surroundings. The roads were deserted, and the night, cold and quiet. Then a noise reached me through the nothingness that surrounded me: the small soft thumpings of something that resembled that of heartbeats. I could also hear a few whispers —voices from afar.

Within no time at all, I spotted the thing that was making the noises. A couple of people were walking by in the distance. They talked about a fire accident at an Old Medical Clinic near the Town Square, due to which the festival got cut short.

And the strangest thing I could gather, omitting the time where I was magically teleported to a place I have no fucking clue about a minute ago, was that; I can overhear them. I was eavesdropping on a conversation that was happening a block away from my spot.

Any normal human being can not possibly hear their conversation from such a long distance with such a small range of frequency. It wasn't scientifically possible. But, apparently, not to me —at least, not now, not here. Because their words were so damn clear and enunciated as if they were just beside me, talking right next to my ears.

And there was also no way I am dreaming this shit up. Because never had I held such a level of awareness when I dream. My dreams were usually unbelievably messy and not vivid. This is real, I declared within.

The second weirdest thing about the situation was that I don't know any town square near Melbourne. City Square...yes, Town Square, hell no. I shook my head; for a second. I, honest to god, wondered if I was going nuts.

I psychologically prepared myself not to freak out as I stood on that lonely road for a few more moments. Once I mastered enough courage, I decided to ask around, with the first question being —where the fuck am I?

I walked down the road, taking in my surroundings that looked completely alien. It was far too calm for people living in the city. Maybe it is a gated community, or a small town, at best.

I let out a relieved breath when I saw an Old man trudging up the road at a distance. He had a warm vibe about him, and he didn't seem to look like someone who would cash my strange situation if I asked anything weird. So I decided to question him about my whereabouts. I was so determined to catch up to him and find some answers, and the next thing I know, I sprinted and was standing two feet behind him in a millisecond.