ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 50

CATHERINE MATTHEWS QUESTIONED HER LIFE CHOICES quite often than not. Especially with the new type of acquaintances she's been making, it seemed like an everyday thing. "—and that got me thinking, what would a drunk butterfly do?"

"—Kai," the vampire interjected, withheld a sigh as she closes her eyes. "You are straying too far from the topic," she reminds him, striving to be as calm as humanly/vampirely as possible. "Can you come back to the part where you took the stolen car to Portland after accidentally killing the unfortunate person who gave you a lift?"

"That's exactly what I was going to say before you rudely interrupted me," The siphoner sounded so exasperated that all the vampire wanted to do was hurl her phone to a goddamn wall and scream at herself for even caring to hear the ramblings of a sociopath. Instead, she clicked her tongue and stayed tight-lipped as she listened to him talk about what he is planning to do with his soon-to-be-dead father, and by extension, the whole family due to the dominos effect of the Gemini Coven. Once the leader falls, all the others will follow.

"The guy gets on my damn nerves more than you family ever will manage to do," Katherine admitted tossing her phone on the couch as she sits on the love couch facing Kol with a cup of bloody coffee Eve made for her.

"Is that why you gave him a vial of your blood then?" The original drawled with a low hum, eyes on the TV screen as his fingers rapidly worked on the game controller.

Her shoulders lift in a half-shrug at his sarcastic remark, looking unapologetic as she moves the cup away from her mouth after taking a sip from it. "What's the point in revenge if he were to die along with his godforsaken family? That's such a bummer. I mean, can you think of anything pathetic than that," A thoughtful look crosses her face as she continues. "Also, he can be super helpful with our little quest in beating Silas once and for all."

"—If he were to come back, that is," Kol intervened unhelpfully, causing the younger vampire to scowl at him, unimpressed.

"I have faith in our new abettor," Katherine spoke with conviction."And it's not like Kai will have anything important to do after he gets his revenge. I am sure he will be interested in our latest quest to vanquish an immortal evil wizard like Voldemort, albeit a more handsome one, but still, you get the point," She tries to explain, whirling her arms as she spoke.

Kol halted in his moments for a solid minute, and the brief moment of distraction caused his player to die. While Katherine cursed the guy who shot at him, Kol, however, flickered his eyes to her figure. "How do you know that?" He asked.

"What?" Katherine blinked, averting her gaze off the TV screen and back to the original. She had been busy staring at the game that she didn't hear his question.

"How do you know," Kol repeated, his hands falling to his lap, "—that Silas is handsome?"

Katherine looks at him dead in the eye, propping her chin on her knuckles. "You see a chick like me fighting over an ugly ass man with an all-powerful Bennett witch, like Tessa?" She asks seriously, pointing a finger to her face.