ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41

"WHY DID YOU KILL HIM?" Jeremy sputtered out, wide-eyed, as he looked at the dead body on the floor with neck snapped to the side.

Kol scrunched his face a little, thoughtfully, before settling for, "Because, I didn't want him alive."

"That's fair," Katherine responded nonchalantly, agreeing with the Original's statement.

"How is that fair?" The Gilbert boy whisper-shouted. Careful not to attract anyone of the passerby's attention to the now-dead occult professor's office at the Whitmore college.

"Because if he isn't dead, he would be helping a 2000-year-old immortal dick raise from the dead," Katherine answered calmly, as she dragged Prof. Shane's body behind his desk so that no one can see him unless they walk across to the other side of his wooden desk. "Which is really not good for anyone."

"A who?" Jeremy questioned, shaking his head, trying to remember if he heard correctly.

"Silas. An Immortal Psychic, human," Kol drawled, as he went through the dead professor's drawers, following Katherine's lead.

"My name is Jeremy," The said human retorted, for what felt like nth time on that day. The original was really getting on his nerves. "It's not that hard to memorize, you know."

"Don't mind him, Little Gilbert," Katherine reassured the incensed boy, "Kol just loves to get a rise out of people until they snap and try to kill him, or die trying."

"Am I that easy to read?" Kol questioned, a little surprised, pausing his search for a bit.

"Nah! I am just smart enough to evaluate a person's temperament before I agree for a partnership," Katherine said, going through the ancient artifacts. "It's a survival issue."

"Huh," Kol mumbled, making a sound at the back of his throat, little impressed.

While the two vampires went back to their searching, Jeremy Gilbert, however, stood at the door, nervously pacing around, trying to keep a look-out for any member of the faculty at the university that might walk into the dead Prof. Atticus Shane's office.

"Got it!" Kol's voice rang out in the room, drawing the attention of the remaining two people.

"This is it," Katherine said, taking the papers from the Original. "The exact location of the cave."

"The cave?" Jeremy questioned, coming to stand next to the duo to take a peek at the article, "Of the immortal dick you were talking about?"