Girl Meets Semi-Formal

"Semi-Formal coming. Young men and young women interacting. Mixing in social situation. So, to avoid any casualties, I thought we could discuss etiquette. Can anyone here tell me what etiquette is?" Cory asked the class, Winter and Brendon raised their hands with smirks. "No, you two can't."

"Etiquette is treating people politely and with respect. Maya and I will demonstrate in a short play we put on before every dance. Its called 'no'." Farkle spoke as he and the blonde stood up and went infront of the class. "Miss Hart, would you do me the great honor of accompanying me to the semi-formal festivities?"

"No."

"Etiquette. Thank you." Both of them said sync as they bowed.

"We'll see you at the holidays for a 'Christmas no'." Farkle informed them as they returned to their seats.

Cory pulled out an old film set, "Okay, so... the school board sent me this film. Its called, 'He asked me, he asked me, he really asked me'."

"Wow, thats a great title. Can you repeat that one more time?" Winter joked, making Cory narrow his eyes at her.

"This is supposed to teach us how to act at the dance?" Lucas asked curiously.

"They sent it. I'm showing it. You're animals.

Riley turned around to face Lucas. "Oh there's a dance, and you're planning to attend this dance that you never mentioned in my general vicinity, that dance?"

"Actually yeah, I was thinking-"

"Go on."

"Psst. Talk after class." Cory interrupted them.

"Have you no sense of anything?" Riley whined as Cory walked up to an old movie projector.

"Nope, lets watch. Oh, what's this here?"

"Dude that looks ancient." Brendon commented in awe.

"Well, enjoy the old-time picture show." Cory hit the play button.

"Well if it isn't our old friend, Billy." The narrator introduced as a boy on the screen enthusiastically waves. "Last time we say you, Billy, were teaching us that our bodies go through strange and horrifying changes."
"Uck." Billy sounded with a disgusted face. Winter bit her lip as she attempted to stop herself from laughing at the ridiculous face.
"But today, we're here to talk about the biggest night in a young person person's life. The semi-formal. Billy's been looking forward to it all year, isn't that right, Billy?" Billy responded by doing a strange dance that made both Winter and Brendon snort as they held back their laughs. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, Billy. Because you know who hangs out at dances? Your old friends polio, typhoid and the devil."
"He's mean." Billy spoke with a frown.

Winter and Brendon couldn't hold it back anymore and began laughing. Cory standing behind them couldn't stop the smile growing on his face as he attempted to shush them. They held their hands over their mouths as tears from laughing formed in their eyes.

"Now, lets meet your best gal, Sally, who since you're a gentleman. You asked to the dance at least 10 months in advance."

"Billy gets it." Riley side snark towards Lucas.

Brendon couldn't help but find it ridiculous and pretend to cough as he muttered, "loser."

"Billy is such a joke, Sally isn't a appointment. And if Sallt wanted to go to the dance with Billy, she should ask not wait. Women can do anything a man can do." Winter mocked as she rolled her eyes.

"Billy's dead, and all of his friends are dead too. Except one. No wait, now he's dead too." Maya remarked.

"It does seem like relationships are alittle more complex now than they were in the 1950s." Farkle commented.