Girl meets 1961

"The '60s, man. Influential musicians like Bob Dylan and Joan Baez playing guitars and singing like prophets. The times, they were a-changin'." Cory said to the dead class. Winter was playing with Farkle, by occasionally throwing small pieces of paper into his hair when he wasn't looking.

"The class, they are a-sleepin'." Farkle said making Winter smirk.

"It's not your fault, Mr. Matthews. It's just the stuff you're saying." Winter says leaning back into her chair.

"I'm talking about the '60s, man." Cory said as if the best thing in the world.

"Nobody cares about when you were our age." Riley says shrugging.

"Riley, it was over 50 years ago. How old do you guys think I am?" Cory says in a offended tone.

"There's no right answer to this, sir." Lucas says.

"56 years old!" Winter says with a cheshire grin.

"You should teach us future class, now give us something we could use." Maya says.

"Listen, Dad, you're doing a wonderful job up there and we're very happy that you're all jazzed up-" Riley says but was caught off by Maya.

"But history has nothing to do with us."

"I'm gonna snap this chalk now." Cory says upsetly.

"Uh-oh." Lucas says with wide eyes.

"Snap." Cory says as he snapped the chalk in half. "What did you guys do yesterday?"

"I think I had grapes." Riley says as she scrunched her face in a thinking tone.

"Do you know what yesterday was?" Cory asked.

"Grapes day." Riley says with a smile.

"She is like alittle puppy." Winter says in a awe voice.

"It's history. Every decision you make every day, every time you decide to turn left instead of right, you make history and you affect someone else's. And if you refuse to learn that, I guarantee you, you guys will not become the best person you can be. Because history is all about missed opportunities. "History has nothing to do with us," wasn't it, Ms. Hart?" Cory explained, turning to Maya.

"Can't remember, it was like five minutes ago." Maya said making Winter playfully roll her eyes.

"Fine. I am not gonna teach you guys about the '60s." Cory says making the class yell a happy yay.

"You are."

"Yay." Farkle said while everyone else stayed quiet.

"History is alive even if you weren't. But now you're gonna be. You will visit the 1960s and give a report." Cory says making Winter raise her eyebrows.

"Time travel?" Wintrt asks confusedly.

"How do we do that, dad? We weren't even there." Riley asks.

"You were." Cory says in a duh tone.

"How?" Winter asks Riley nodding along.

"You all have grandparents or great-grandparents. Choose one who was around during that time. Learn all you can about them and report back. Then we'll see if history has nothing to do with us. Living history. Now I'm all jazzed up." Cory says making Winter frown. She didn't know how she was going to do the project when her mother and grandparents were gone.

¤

Now the group of friends were in Svorski's Bakery.

"All right, status report. I got a guitar that belonged to my great-grandmother Rosie and her very weird journal." Riley says with a smile.