Girl Meets Truth

Episode 5

*****

The school play, Romeo and Juliet is going on. Lucas who plays Romeo, approaches Juliet (Riley) who is lying on the table in her family's tomb, dead. Winter and Maya were in the audience watching mostly bored, except Winter who was very focused on it and was mouthing the lines.

"Eyes, look your last." Lucas recites and he looks at Riley, lying down. "Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss."

Farkle jumps from the side of the stage making Winter's eyes widden in shock. "Back off!"

"What meanest thou? Spear carrier... who havest no lines." Lucas says in confusion.

"You tried to kiss my woman. 
This I cannot allow. Prepare to die!"  Farkle shouts, Maya starts to laugh but Winter facepalmed.

"Farkle, what are you doing? It's 'Romeo and Juliet."' Lucas whispers to her.

"Well, now it's "Romeo and Juliet and Farkle." I play Farkle." Farkle says with a smile.

"Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said." Lucas says.

"Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle says and Maya cheers in the audience poking Winter to join.

"Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier." Maya shouts excited.

"Hark! Parkt You cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too."

Maya and Winter goes up on stage, except Winter was anxious and worried, while Maya was cheering.

"Thank you, thank you. You're too kind, seriously." Maya says walking up to the stage.

"How you doing bunny?" Winter says talking to Riley who was still fake sleeping.

"I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this."

"Me either."

**☆**

They were in the school hallway after the play. Riley, Lucas, and Farkle walk down with a crowd cheering their performance in the play except for Farkle.

"Thank you. Thank you, Farkle Nation!" Farkle says proudly.

"Farkle, come here." Maya says waving him over.

"Maya, don't." Riley says holding Maya's arm.

"Maya do." Winter says putting her hands on her hips.

"He thinks he was good." Riley said ignoring Winter's comment.

"Yeah, I'm gonna fix that." Maya says going to tell Farkle.

"But you can't tell him the truth. You'll crush him."

"Oh, I can tell him the truth. It's you who can't tell him the truth because you're afraid." Maya says.

"Look Riley its better to get this done now, instead of later, when it will be even more pain. I understand if you are afraid." Winter says.