Girl Meets Forgivenes

Winter walked in with her cheeks full of the donut she stuffed into her mouth so Brendon couldn't eat it. She had a proud smile on her face that was barely noticeable from her chipmunk-like face. Brendon walked in behind her, fuming. He looked like an angry toddler who got his toy taken away. Meanwhile, Casey followed with a book in her hand, her other being held by Winter. The girl with glasses completely absorbed by the literature, unaware of her surroundings only being led by the blonde. They entered their history class with the word 'Forgiveness' written on the board. "All through history, countries go to war. That's what we normally study here, but today, we're going to talk about peace and forgiveness, and how we get there." Cory explained before looking at them smugly. "Every once in a while, I come up with a good idea."

"What could it possibly be that I haven't already thought of?" Farkle questioned.

"Farkle, I forgive you."

"What did I do?'

"I forgive you too." Zay jumped in quickly.

"What did I do?"

"You know what you did."

"I feel better now that I've forgiven you. How do you feel?" Cory looked at the genius.

"I'm sorry for everytime I hurt you. What did I do!" Farkle exasperated, but went ignored.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today we're going to begin the forgiveness project. Our history isn't just about what we've done. How we grow comes from the repair of what we've done, and how we forgive what was done to us."

"Hm. We're in. What do we do?" Riley perked up with a smile.

"Everyone take out a piece of paper." Cory instructed the class to do so. "So this isn't your laptop or your cell phone. You've got unlimited characters here. As many words as you want. The impact will last longer than six seconds. And I guarantee you, it's never going to disappear." He passed out red envelopes to everyone, Winter hesitantly looked at hers. "So pick up a pen. Express feelings. This is one of the most important things you're ever going to do. You're about to forgive someone."

"What does this have to do with history, Matthews?" Winter spoke up, crossing her arms over her chest.

"It gives you a chance to change it."

"Like when I forgave Auggie for biting the face off of my Beary-The-Bear bear." Riley commented, with a slightly angered tone.

"That wasn't forgiveness, honey."

"Why not?"

"Because you haven't gotten over it."

Riley pulled out a bear with a ripped fave off from her bag. "This is the first thing I see every day."

"....So, is there anyone in your life that you want to forgive? Change your history. Go."

"Dear Auggie the murder," Riley muttered to herself bitterly.

"You see there's a problem." Brendon raised his hand. "I have a whole list of people, and I'm not ready to forgive any of them."

Casey turned around in her chair to look at him. "Why not?"

"I'm too petty." Brendon answered honestly.

"Maya, no one in your life you want to forgive?" Cory looked at the blonde in front of him.

"No." Maya responded bluntly.

"Don't you think now would be a good time? You and your mom are in a good place, Maya. You're both strong. Don't you want to forgive him one day? Why not now?" Riley pressured, Maya looked at her before turning to her paper, scribbling something down. She then handed the paper over to her best friend. "Riley, butt out. I am serious. Butt your butt out." Riley read out loud before looking at Maya with a smile. "I forgive you."