Chapter fifty nine - Sakaar

A/N: I spent so long trying to pick a gif for this chapter. Loki in the VIP box gives me so much serotonin and he looks so good... continue.

...

Soon after you began to walk you found a secluded alleyway which you ducked into inconspicuously. There was no time to dwell upon the events of the day, you needed to concentrate or you might lose your nerve, and you couldn't afford for that to happen.

"The fate of Asgard depends on you Y/N."

Traitor...

No, don't think about it. Think about Loki. You needed to find him; he might be in trouble. Screwing your eyes tightly shut you tuned into the connection you and Loki shared and immediately felt the strong tug which would lead you to him. He was near. You opened your eyes again to find another obviously drunken humanoid creature staggering towards you. He was on the floor before he'd even had a chance to open his mouth to make the disgusting thoughts he'd been thinking apparent to you.

Stepping over his body, you followed the tugging sensation in your chest, which eased more and more every step you took closer to Loki. You remembered the days when you'd first found out that you were soulmates and could hardly bear to be apart from each other; the tugging sensation which had been almost unbearable. The roaring of a huge crowd coming from the stadium grew louder as the tugging led you closer to it.

Unable to shake the feeling that something was wrong, you were led into an awfully large and, dare you say it, grand looking building, and up what started to feel like hundreds of flights of stairs after a while. It seemed suspiciously quiet, and there was an even more suspicious tension in the air. Finally you came across someone going in the opposite direction, and went straight into their mind. There was a big event happening in the stadium... a fight, and something about a champion. And the word 'grandmaster', was that like the king here? In reading the passing creature's mind you'd only served to confuse yourself even more. Oh well, what was important now was that you found Loki and Thor and worked out how to escape this awful place.

Presently you began to hear the unmistakable rumble of a large crowd again and quickened your pace rapidly; you had a bad feeling about all of this. As you rounded another corner, almost running now, you collided with an armed guard.

"Hey!" he yelled, grabbing hold of your arm. Your brain went into overdrive. There were two guards. Loki was just behind the door up ahead, you knew it, but still something wasn't quite right... finally you understood why you'd felt so unnerved all this time.

Loki was fine. He was happy. Not worried or angry or full of revenge... relaxed.

Less than an hour ago he'd seen his father die and fought his demon sister, the Goddess of Death, fallen out of the Bifrost and now here he was... drinking?! His happiness bubbled inside you and you almost smiled because of it, then instantly felt ill. How could you even think of smiling when Fandral, Volstagg and probably the whole Einherjar had just been slaughtered?

A sudden dull blow to your stomach brought you crashing back down to Earth. Or more literally, Sakaar.

"I said, wench, what are you doing up here by the Grandmasters VIP box? Trying to sneak in?" one of the guards scorned, making the other laugh uproariously.

"Only the Golden Ladies and a few of the Grandmasters choice friends are allowed inside the luxury suite. I don't suppose you are one?" the other guard mocked you.

What on Asgard was Loki doing in a 'VIP box'? Half of you wanted to call out to him, but the other half, the half which had not one hour ago seen two of your closest friends die, wanted to surprise and confront him. The second half won.