Chapter eighty eight - Just a scratch

Loki's POV

It had felt like passing out, but in the most horrible way imaginable. Especially as you'd been there to witness it.

Just as being erased from existence had felt like passing out, being brought back into existence felt like waking up from a long, long sleep.

Loki hadn't moved from where he'd disappeared; his arms were still out as though to reach for someone. You.

His hands dropped to his sides as he realised that you weren't there, his mind going at a hundred miles an hour. Thanos had obviously got his hands on all six stones, that's why he'd disappeared... but how, then, was he alive?

The kid, Peter, was stood a little while away, staring at his hands, as were the two aliens and the one you'd called 'Quill'.

Y/N?

When Loki received no reply he turned in a full circle, looking for you. And where was Stark? The wizard was sitting upon some debris a few feet away, frowning, his eyes closed.

"What the heck is goin' on?" Quill asked loudly.

"Y/N?" Loki called, still unable to see you. He was beginning to panic; not knowing what was going on was infuriating and terrifying.

"She's not here." the wizard said, his eyes closed.

"Where is she?" Loki asked, walking towards him. His limbs felt weird, as though they would take some getting used to. What was happening?

"I'm not sure yet." Strange said, his eyes closed, a frown on his face. Loki tried to read his mind, but was repelled by a force so strong that he was forced to take a step back.

"I wouldn't if I were you." Strange muttered.

"What do you mean you don't know yet?" Loki asked him in annoyance. Strange didn't reply, his frown deepening. Quill, Peter and the aliens had gathered behind Loki. Peter didn't look so good.

"Hey, you alright?" Quill asked him, looking concerned.

"I- yeah. What's going on? Where's Mr. Stark?" Peter asked.

"The wizard is looking for them... I think." Loki said, turning back to Strange.

The odd looking group stood in silence, watching Strange, until finally his eyes snapped open. And he smiled.

"What is happening?" Loki asked, fear fuelling his aggression.

"We don't have long. They did it... they really did it." Strange was muttering to himself, a large smile still on his face.

"HEY. Wizard man. What's the deal?!" Quill yelled.

"Okay, uh, this is a lot." Strange said, looking down at the group in sudden concern.

"It's been five years since Thanos snapped us out of existence. The Avengers managed to find a way to get the stones back an hour ago and they've brought everyone back, but Thanos has time travelled to the future to try and reverse what they've done.. or re-reverse it I suppose." Strange said.

Loki had quite literally never felt such shock in all his life. He couldn't speak, couldn't think. The others appeared to be just as horrified. Five years. You'd been without him for five years-

"Why did Thanos need to time travel to get to... now? He got the stones. He won." Quill asked, confused.

"Thor killed him five years ago." Strange answered, already distracted by some other vision he was seeing.