Chapter sixty two - The Revengers

A/N: I could literally watch this gif all day and not get bored uwu. Anyways double update today because I've been writing loads now that all my assignments are done (yay me), and I've also been thinking about starting another slow burn but on Asgard this time?? Let me know what you think and give me some inspiration please --->

I hope you enjoy the chapters <3

...

You dragged Bruce after Thor and the woman; he seemed a little star struck.

"What are those things on her eyes? Are those the people she's killed? She's so beautiful and strong..." he mumbled as you walked down the street. You were beginning to really worry about him.

"Sorry, but who are you?" you asked the woman.

"Call me Valkyrie." she responded, "Who are these two?" she then asked Thor. That didn't sit right with you. You were right there; she could have asked you herself.

"These are my friends." Thor told her.

"Who? Me? I'm Bruce?" Bruce said.

"I'm Y/N." you said pointedly as Valkyrie led you into a Sakaarian apartment building.

"I feel like I know you." she said to Bruce, ignoring you completely.

"I feel like I know you too." Bruce replied.

"Nice to meet you too." you said loudly, and Valkyrie met your annoyed gaze with a look of... was it respect or just appraisal?

As you continued down the hallway, Valkyrie talked.

"Look, I've spent years in a haze trying to forget my past. Sakaar seemed like the best place to drink and forget and to die one day."

"I was thinking that you drink too much, and that it was probably going to kill you." Thor agreed.

"I don't plan to stop drinking, but I don't want to forget. I can't turn away anymore. So, if I'm going to die... well, it may as well be driving my sword through the heart of that murderous hag."

"Good." Thor said happily.

You arrived at a door, and Valkyrie stopped and turned to face you, Thor and Bruce.

"Yeah, so I'm saying that I wanna be on the team. Has it got a name?"

"Yeah, it's called the Revengers."

"The Revengers?" you and Valkyrie both echoed.

"Because I'm getting revenge, you're both getting revenge..." Thor said, nodding towards you and Valkyrie.

"Why do you want revenge?" Valkyrie asked you.

"She killed my friends." you said, your voice catching in your throat. This time there was sympathy in Valkyrie's gaze.

"I'm sorry." she said.

"What friends?" Thor asked, his voice sounding smaller than usual.

Shit. Your face dropped as you realised what you'd done. How could you have been so stupid? Thor didn't need this now. You struggled to find the right words.

"Thor-"

"Y/N. Who did she kill?" he asked again.

"Fandral. And Volstagg." you could hardly bear to look at him as you said it. A whole range of emotions flashed behind Thor's eyes as he took a deep shuddering breath. You stepped forward and gripped his arm tightly.

"You saw it?" he asked, as though you might have got it wrong. You nodded sadly.

"What of Hogun and Lady Sif?"