Chapter five - In which you 'properly' go shopping

Author's note: Hey guys, updating early again because my exams start tomorrow (I'm screwed ahaa) so might not get a chance to post this weekend! Hope you're enjoying this, and wish me luck for tmrw I'm really gonna need all the help I can get ugh. Byee :)

...

Another week passed as quickly as the first, but this time you had made more than twelve words progress with Loki. You would be pushing it if you said you considered him a friend as you did the rest of the team now, but he wasn't a cold stranger anymore. You'd settle for 'acquaintance'.

For now.

It was a Saturday, and this morning you'd gotten up a bit later than usual as you had a day off from training (thank god, your body ached from the amount you'd been doing over the past couple of weeks). When you finally emerged from your room and went into the kitchen, you encountered Natasha and Pepper looking at something on a laptop together at the kitchen table. They were dressed and fully made-up, per usual; you suddenly felt self-conscious in your pyjamas, and ran a hand through your bed hair. The only other person in the room was Bruce, who you were pleased to note was still in his pyjamas too, and who gave you a wave from behind his newspaper and coffee on the sofa which you returned with a smile.

"Hey Y/N, glad you're up, get some breakfast down you and then we're taking you out." Natasha told you, looking up from the laptop.

"Oh? Why's that?" you asked.

"We're taking you shopping after your abysmal attempt at buying things last week." she replied.

"You need some more furniture for your room, and a dress and shoes for tonight, Tony's throwing a party." Pepper explained.

Yes! Everyone had heard of Tony Stark's legendary parties, and now you were getting to attend one for real. And were being taken out on a girls shopping trip by Natasha Romanoff and Pepper Potts in preparation for it. Not a bad Saturday.

You quickly had breakfast, showered and dressed, and then Happy drove the three of you to Fifth Avenue. This was going to be expensive; you didn't mind spending money this time because, one, you couldn't see the price tags while Pepper and Natasha were whirling the clothes around your head and two, you weren't the one spending all the money.

By the end of the trip (which, incidentally, took four hours), you had a bookshelf, desk and pinboard for your room, an entirely new wardrobe ("hoodies, jeans and trainers aren't the only things you can wear" Natasha had told you sternly), and a ridiculously gorgeous dress with matching shoes for the party this evening. You were sure the price would have been even more ludicrous, but the minute you stepped out of the dressing room with it on Pepper had insisted on buying it for you. It did look... nice, on you, dare you say it. 

You returned to the tower at half past three (after stopping for some lunch on the way back), and were barely able to get in the elevator with all the bags in one go. Once upstairs, you piled all of your bags into your room and made your way back to the lounge to collapse on the sofa.

"Busy day?" Tony asked, watching you fall on to the sofa from the kitchen table where he was sat with Bruce.

"Yes, actually, being dragged into at least a hundred different shops and trying on every item of clothing they stock in less than four hours is quite a stressful business." you replied, massaging your aching feet.

"Well, you'd better be lively again by tonight. It's gonna be a good one." Tony told you with a grin. "Why don't you go get some shut eye? It'll be a late night... morning." he corrected himself after a second thought.

You pointed at him.

"Excellent idea. See you later." you said, standing up to make your way back to your room.