Chapter sixty four - Asgard

A/N: Right I know I posted twice yesterday but I'm writing so many chapters now that my assignments are done and I just want you guys to read them all ASAP hehe. Also the gif is unrelated but uhhh wow I love her. Enjoy!

...

You woke up to an odd floating sensation.

Opening your eyes slowly, you lifted your head from Loki's shoulder and looked outside.

You'd made it. The ship was flying smoothly through space now; there was no more turbulence.

You started to smile, but then you saw Asgard. It was on fire.

"I never thought I'd be back here." Valkyrie said from the front of the ship. She sounded like she was fighting back a range of emotions.

Lokes, wake up.

You watched as he regained consciousness, one hand on his leg. As he woke up he looked at you, and then out at Asgard.

"Remind me why we're doing this again?"

You gave him a look before standing up unsteadily and moving to stand next to Bruce at the front of the cockpit as the ship descended into the clouds above Asgard.

"I thought it would be nicer. I mean, not that it's not nice. It's just, it's on fire."

Your breath caught in your throat as you took in your home, destroyed, and a renewed hatred for Hela rose in your throat. Loki came to stand behind you.

Bruce was right, you had to admit that Asgard looked pretty woeful. It possessed none of the gleaming grandeur you'd witnessed on your first visit; instead it looked like a devastated ghost town. Fires littered the city, most of the buildings looked to be wrecked and plundered and dead soldiers were strewn across the streets.

"Here, up in the mountains." Valkyrie said, pointing to a projected map on the console which showed the mountain where the stronghold was located, full of Asgardian citizens.

"Heat signatures, people clustered together. Hela's coming for them." she continued. You prayed that your parents were in there somewhere.

"Okay, we'll land at the palace and I'll draw her away." Thor said.

"Thor, no." you said, right as Valkyrie said, "And get yourself killed?"

"The people that are trapped down there are all that matter. While I'm dealing with Hela, I need you to help get everyone off of Asgard." Thor told the four of you.

"How the hell are we supposed to do that?" Bruce asked incredulously. He was starting to look vaguely sick again.

"I have a man on the ground." Thor said.

"Heimdall?" Loki asked in trepidation. He hadn't seen him since he'd tried to have him imprisoned for treason.

"Yep." Thor replied, unconcerned.

He made a fairly good landing in front of the palace, and about six minutes later you'd gained a massive Asgardian blaster which Thor had helped move into the ship, Valkyrie had some new armour which Thor had found in the armory and you'd risked teleporting to your room in the palace for a swift outfit change.

"Where are you going?" Loki had asked as you exited the ship.

"Wardrobe change. If we're all going to die I want to go out in style." you told him matter of factly before teleporting away. He followed you to your room.

"No one's going to die. Well, we're not. I can't say the same with such certainty about my brother or that crazy Valkyrie. Or Bruce." he told you as you swung your baldric from over your head and quickly grabbed your favourite gear, amour and cape from your wardrobe.