Chapter thirty one - In which you meet your parents

Author's note: Hey guys, I've actually been pretty productive with writing over the last few days (shocking news) so I'm posting early... but actually it's late bcos it's like almost midnight here. Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter <3

...

"Mother! How could you?" Thor exclaimed.

"We had to, for her safety as well as ours. We couldn't have an Asgardian child going down to Midgard and telling everyone about us. Not that anyone would have believed her, but better safe than sorry." Odin said bluntly.

You were shaking. Of all the scenarios you'd come up with in your head, none of them had even come close to this. You didn't know how to feel.

"Why not teach me how to control it? Or, I don't know, something other than abandon a six-year-old on another planet?"

"Are you questioning our decision?" Odin asked, in a voice that suggested you shouldn't argue with him.

"Yes!" you said defiantly.

Loki's POV

Loki didn't think he'd ever been more in love with you than in that moment, watching you stand up to Odin with an utter disregard for the fact that you were speaking to the king of Asgard. He couldn't say he blamed you for feeling reckless, you'd just found out that him and Frigga had stripped you of your memories and family and dumped you on a different realm when you were six years old. Still, you probably shouldn't have spoken to him like that.

Odin stood up threateningly and Loki found himself moving towards you purely out of instinct. Frigga placed a gentle hand on Odin's arm, which at least stopped him from killing you on the spot. She then whispered something in his ear, causing him to glare at you vehemently, and then Loki.

"This was a bad idea. If this goes wrong, I will not hesitate to lock him back up, along with the mortal."

Then he strode from the room, hardly glancing at any of you. Frigga sighed again, moving down the steps towards you. She looked old, Loki thought sadly. He wished she could be happier.

"You'll have to excuse him, he's not having a good day." Frigga said.

When did Odin have a good day? Had he ever had a good day? Loki doubted it. You were shaking; he wished he could do something about it.

"Can I have my memories back?" you asked Frigga.

"Yes. I'm afraid Odin disapproves, but you deserve to have them."

Loki opened his mouth, and then somehow found the restraint to close it again. His mother threw him an appraising look, and then turned to you and placed a hand on either side of your head.

"This won't hurt." Frigga said, and then your eyes glazed over as she performed the difficult magic which gave you your memories back. Loki could have seen what you were seeing if he'd wanted to, but he didn't want to pry. Thor was watching him watching you, but Loki didn't give him the satisfaction of letting him know he'd seen. After a minute, Frigga withdrew her hands and you swayed where you stood. All eyes were on you.

"Where are they?" you asked eventually, your voice shaking. Your parents. Your poor parents...

"They're waiting outside." Frigga said, nodding in the direction that they were, and you immediately turned to walk away.

"Y/N, wait." she continued, moving towards you again.

You were angry, not upset; that's why you were shaking. Loki briefly considered trying to talk to you in your mind, before realising that his mother would likely hear whatever he said too.