|||CHAPTER 28|||SHOW ME YOUR EYES|||

AGE 7 & 1/2

Satoru pick the thin, wide blade from the display on the small table. He ran his finger along the blade then turned around to show Y/n.

"This is 'Slaughter Demon,' a curse charm." He held the blade up in front of the small girl. She took it observing the blade in awe.

"Wow..."

"Now, you aren't quite there yet to be able to use it," She looked up in sadness at his comment as she dropped the blade to her side, "but you will be pretty soon."

"Will I use it against you or the monsters?" She asked softly with her big, e/c eyes staring up at him.

"Both. You'll use it against me to train with it so you can against the curses." He corrected her with a sweet, calm voice.

"You'll be there to save me right?" She tugged on his hand with her much smaller one.

"I'll save you if you need saving." He smiled, patting her head, "I don't think you'll need me though." He took the blade from her, putting it on the display again behind him. He turned back around to see her rubbing the sleep away from her eyes. "Come on, kid, let's get you a nap."

He bent down to lift her up into his arms. She rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes. He took her to her room connected to his. He reached the bed, slowing setting her down. "Goodnight, kid."

"Wait," She called out, holding onto the end of his sleeve, "can you stay with me?"

"Sure." He smiled, sitting down on the bed next to her, resting his back against the headboard. She adjusted herself closer to him, resting her head on his stomach and lap.

She looked up at him, "Can you show me your eyes again?"

"Um," He looked down at her, giving in to her cuteness. He nodded, slowly pulling down the black mask over his eyes.

"I like your eyes. I wish I had cool eyes." She murmured, looking into his bright, blue eyes.

He let out a dramatic gasp, "But you already have cool eyes. I think you have the best eyes."

She had a large smile on her face, along with a faint blush, "Thank you."

"Now rest up, buttercup." He told her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She nodded, adjusting herself back to the comfortable position next to his side.

She quickly fell asleep as he was thinking about when he first met her. About how when she opened her eyes. How they were a beautiful red. How he knew he had to do something.

He thought she had been infiltrated by a demon or curse. He had to make sure before doing something irrational. He took her in, realizing that she was just a normal little girl who had a strange and evil power. But he would make sure that this power was only used for good.

He had to teach her to control it and once he did, the red eyes disappeared and were replaced with e/c ones.

He now loves this little girl and would stop at nothing to make sure she was safe and protected. From other and herself. She was like his sister now. They were family.

He slowly stood up, trying to get out of the bed and her grasp with waking her. He went to turn the light out, looking back at her, "Goodnight... my little sister." He said softly as he turned the light out, shutting the door behind him.