|||CHAPTER 14|||YEAH... EW|||

Y/n and Satoru sat on one of the rolling beds for the dead together in the morgue. Fushiguro and Kugisaki were probably wondering where she was.

Y/n stared at the body covered with a white cloth, "I could have stopped it." She thought, "We still needed him. Damn."

Satoru broke the silence, "It was on purpose, wasn't it?" He asked Kyotaka, who stood with hands together and head down.

"You say that, but..." Kyotaka spoke shakily.

"Dispatching first-years to rescue five people with unclear information on whether they are alive or dead..." Satoru scratched the back of his head, "and on top of that, making them go up against a high-grade opponent..."

"I could have taken it, but Itadori didn't want me or Fushiguro to." Y/n spoke up, getting a hand over her mouth by Satoru.

"It's unreal." Satoru continued, taking his hand away from Y/n's mouth, "I did the impossible and granted Yuuji an indefinite postponement on his death penalty. What's really messed up is that you stealthily disposed of him in my absence, with the help of a high-grade curse. That's what this is, isn't it? Even if the other two died, you thought doing something to spite me would kill two birds with one stone didn't you?"

"No. But when the dispatch was decided..." Kyotaka trembled, pushing his glasses up, "No one expected it to become high-grade."

"I would like to point out," Y/n raised her hand, blocking Satoru's hand that was coming towards her again, "that Sukuna killed the curse and then tried to switch back with Itadori. Sukuna took out Itadori's heart in front of Fushiguro and I. It was not the high-grade."

"It's rare to see you so emotional." Kyotaka told Satoru as the examiner, Ieiri Shouko, came in, "You were really fond of him, huh."

"Well," Satoru held up a finger, "I am a nice guy who's always fond of his students."

"Don't pick on Ijichi too much. It's hard having to stand between us and the higher-ups." Shouko stated, getting a finger pointed at her by Satoru.

"I don't give a damn about guys' hardships."

"And this is..." Shouko grabbed the white cloth, pulling it off Itadori's naked body, "Sukuna's host, right?" Y/n shut her eyes quickly, holding up a hand over them, also getting Satoru's hand over her eyes. "I can dissect him however I want, right?"

"Make use of him." Satoru proclaimed, taking his hand slowly away from Y/n's eyes, making sure she still had them shut.

"I will. Who do you think you're talking to?" Shouko asked monotonously, even though she tried to be sarcastic.

"Oh, wait!" Y/n stood up, looking down at the floor, "Here, you might want this." She handed Itadori's heart to the examiner, trying not to look at the dead body and only at the examiner's face.

"You had this in there the whole time?" Shouko asked Y/n, tilting her head.

"Yeah, I forgot about it... even though I just talked about it." Y/n shrugged her shoulders, going back to sit next to Satoru, looking down at floor.

She felt Satoru lean closer to her, then whisper in her ear, "You saw it, didn't you?"

"No!" Y/n exclaimed, shaking her head, "Yeah... ew." She shook her head again, leaning her head on his chest.