|||CHAPTER 17|||LET YOU KILL|||

"When it comes close-range combat, I think you take the lead, Yuuji. What you should focus on now..." Satoru told him as the three walked down the wooden stairs, "is the control of your magical power... and gaining at the very least, a minimum level of knowledge about sorcery."

"I remember when I was taught that." Y/n crossed her arms, watching Satoru put his hand down. She looked over at Itadori, who had a big smile on his face.

"What's up?" Y/n and Satoru questioned him.

"Nothing. I was thinking that if I'd be receiving training... I would like it to be from Gojō-sensei and Y/n, so I'm happy." He continued to have a smile before explaining, "I wasn't able to save anyone because I was weak. Instead, I almost killed Fushiguro. In my current state, I can't show my face in front of them."

Y/n put a hand on his shoulder, "I wasn't going to let you kill him or anyone else."

"I want to become strong. Please teach me to be 'the strongest.'" He looked at the two of them with certainty.

"Hehehe. You have a discerning eye." Satoru crossed his arms, smiling.

"But you guys were the one who said you were the strongest."

"Well then, please look at those canned juices." Satoru put his hands out, motioning to the two soda cans on the small table. The cans were squished in a instant, the juice inside going everywhere.

"This is 'magical power.' And this is 'technique.'" Satoru told him him, making Itadori have a focused face.

Itadori put his hand on his chin, "I see. I don't get it."

Y/n sighed, leaning against the hard, brick wall. "Hmm. That's what I thought. Let's compare 'magical power' to electricity and ' technique' to electrical appliances." Satoru started to explain, "If there's only 'electricity', it wouldn't very user-friendly, right? That's why we make electricity flow into electrical appliances to get different results."

Satoru gestured to the cans, "This just had 'magical power' thrown at it. And here, I translated 'magical power' into 'technique' and I twisted it my sorcery."

"Which means..." Itadori started, holding up a finger, "I'm gonna learn some super cool techniques."

"No." Y/n let out, making his smile drop, "You can't use sorcery, Itadori."

"Except for simple shikigami or magical barriers... fundamentally, technique is craved into people's bodies at birth. That's why 80% of shaman's true strength comes from their ability." Satoru paused, "Are you okay?"

Itadori now laid in the floor with the most disappointing face, "No, I just thought I could also make thunder, fire and power bombs... you can make power bombs, right?"

"Let's ignore the things you can't do! We'll greatly enhance your strengths." Satoru called out, putting up a finger, "We're gonna add magical power to your martial arts, Yuuji. Rather than unskillful magical power... I'm more worried about bulldozing through anything in your current state. I also said this before, but..." He paused, "your ability in hand-to-hand combat stands out, you know."

"But, but... if that's it, then I can already do it!" Itadori exclaimed, lifting his head up.

"Get up, will you?" Y/n ordered him, getting off the wall, now standing next Satoru.

"That time, I somehow... got the knack of it." Itadori continued.

"Then give it a try." Satoru put his palm up, pointing with the other hand, "You can't do it anyway."

Itadori quickly stood up, stretching his arms, "I won't care if you get hurt, you know?"

"Alright, already. Just do it." Satoru said with a bored tone. Itadori balled up his fist, punching Satoru's palm. "There was no... magical power."

"Why!?"

"The source of magical power is negative emotions." Y/n clarified, crossing her arms once again.

"That time you speak of, you were full of anger and fear, right?" Satoru questioned, getting an answer that he didn't want.

"So when you use magical power, you always have to be flipped out, right?" Itadori put his fist on his palm, nodding, "That's right, I think Fushiguro was always on edge too!"

"That's not it. On the contrary, when you're emotionally shaken... you should try not the squander your magical power, you know. There are different ways of training, but... I have you do one that's pretty tiring."

Itadori gulped, "W–what kind?"

Satoru held up a whole bunch of movies, "Movie appreciation!"

"Movie... appreciation?" Itadori had a look on his face like, 'That doesn't seem tiring.'