Surprise! I am here now - Chapter 14

Hirokazu

I breathed in deeply and decided to look after the roses a little more than Jae did. She was obsessed with them, ever since she promised me she would help me care for Mother's flower garden three years ago.

It felt so long ago when I had struggled with the Mist inside of me. But ever since the breakout, Mother's death and Jae's recovering, I haven't needed to use it. And so, I learnt to wield my Moon Spirit Sword without the abnormal help of the Mist. It'd stayed dormant for awhile, and everyday I became more and more on edge. What if it took control of me again? What if I hurt someone? What if—

"Hiro—you ready for the ballroom party?" Jae cried, she ran up to me, my recently acquainted mountain cat right behind her. I found her stuck in the gate Jae and I used to escape from the palace the night I helped her father. It was such a coincidence that I decided not to let the official gardener kill her. I took her in, named her, and raised her up to be the large cat she was today.

"Morning Jae, Yatsu." I greeted Jae with a quick, friendly—and apparently necessary—kiss on her cheek (she did the same to me) and scratched Yatsu roughly behind the ears. She licked my hands and purred. I laughed and picked a flower from a nearby bush. Yatsu sniffed the yellow flower curiously, I tucked it behind her large ear and she shook her head until the flower fell loose and onto the grass.

I laughed and picked up the flower, giving it to Jae instead. It was wilted and floppy but she smiled, took it and tucked into her hair behind her ear. "Why are you all dressed up now?" I asked. "The party isn't until tonight."

Jae shrugged and grinned. "Tsuna wanted to know what I looked like so she could make adjustments." I shook my head and grinned. I knew how much Tsuna had fallen in love with our fabric when she supposedly stayed over. But now she's the most famous fabric designer in Baî.

"What will you be wearing?" Jae asked, she seemed a little over interested everything to do with the ball.

"Are you okay?" I asked, she was never this playful and...girlish. Jae looked at me as if I'd grown another two heads and turned purple. "I'm fine." She said, her voice a little too high. 

I sighed and looked at her until she made eye contact. "I know something's wrong, so just tell." I watched her contemplate with the pros and cons and then sighed.

"I'm just nervous, I've never been to a party like this before." I watched her for a few moments to conclude that she was telling the truth.

"It's sort of funny, I've never had those kind of nerves before." I noted, my gaze wandering across the colour splatters of flowers. Jae shoved me and I pushed her back, she tripped over and the dress's pretty shine was dulled the smallest bit. She laughed and said she didn't really care and told me to watch out for Tsuna because she wasn't lying.

I sent her one last look and then allowed the smile to wipe off of my face. I was only holding the Ball because Mother would want me to celebrate my birthday five days ago. I fiddled with the necklace Tsuna had given me. It was silver, and the gem inside it was infused with a reformed Mist from Re Istuwari called Tama Tamashī. It's supposed to be the souls of the first possessed by Re Istuwari.

I played with the metal laced glass and the chain clinked lightly. I stared off into the distance until Yatsu rammed into me and we wrestled until Tsuna found us and pulled me away and back into the unwanted life of a young King. 

The servants came and went with different clothing for Tsuna to play with. I sighed, standing on the same pedestal for an hour and a half wasn't the life of the party. "How much longer is this going to take?" I asked, wondering if they were planning on delaying the party, because at this rate they might have to wait another week.