Part 38

Hirokazu

"I was just wondering if you wanted any food—you missed dinner...again." Archer said. His deep blush was creeping across his pale cheeks like a rose garden blooming slowly across the yard. As every ray of sunlight touched their petals.

I sighed and rubbed my face, too tired to bother explaining anything. I knew that Jae and Miyoko would eventually find out about Archer and me. Even though the only thing we'd done so far was kissed. I groaned and buried my face into his shoulder. And possibly fucked...maybe more than once.

Archer stroked my head and sighed, planting a kiss on my head of dirty, tangled brown hair. He wrapped his hand around my waist and I looked up at him, he grinned and stroked my face. "You have such round, perfect eyes." I looked down and blushed. Every time he complimented me, even before we accepted each other, I always felt that same shiver run down my spine.

"They used to be gold." I said quietly, remembering the old days I spent in the Library, reading away my life and laughing as Jae spewed shit about the confusing adult character development throughout the story.

Archer breathed out and leant down, burying his face in the crook of my neck. I stared out ahead of me, thinking carefully about those memories as they flew by. My father's death. My mother's. Anja and Aleksei. I closed my eyes, biting my lower lip. I didn't want Archer to see me cry. I didn't want him to see the weak and— even more—vulnerable me. I wiped my eyes and opened my mouth.

"Hey," Archer said. "Could you change your eyes back for me?" He asked, pulling his head away from my neck and leaving me cold and wanting for more than that.

I sighed and looked back at him, leaning down on the mattress and I closed my eyes, asking as politely as I could to that power lurking inside. I covered my face with my hands and bent over my legs, crossed and crinkled pants. I muttered the same promise—which I would fulfil—and removed my hands. I looked down at my hands. Archer sucked in a breath and lifted my chin. I stared at him, dead in the eyes, and before I knew it—his mouth was on mine.

"Why...are you...so perfect?" He asked, his breath on my face, his eyes on my throat and then jawline.

I shrugged. "I am royalty, you do know that—right?" I said, grasping his face and grinning. "I have no idea why law breaking is so simple." I muttered under my breath, slightly bewildered by this random thought.

"What, not being in love with another royal?" Archer asked.

I looked up at him. "Not just that—" I looked away, my gaze avoiding his. I felt my eyelashes caress my cheekbones and bit my lower lip again. It was a bad habit. "To be with another guy." I pushed out, I looked back up at him. Waiting for his undeniable reaction.

I blinked in confusion when he leant in and kissed my throat. I closed my eyes, waiting for his reaction. "What a bunch of assholes." He eventually said. I chuckled under my breath, I couldn't help it.

"Then tell that to them if I ever go back." I said, laughing a little more. That laugh turned to a short gasp as Archer bit into my shoulder. I let out a soft groan and twisted my head. "You do know that I am not a fan of a seeming attempt at cannibalism." I said shortly.

Archer chortled and I put my hand over the—what Archer called—'love bite' and scowled at him. He stroked my lips and laughed, almost a whisper. "You're so cute when you're mad."

I rolled my eyes and sat up, crossing my legs and looking at him. He cocked his head, his light auburn hair falling over his amber eyes. I grinned and leapt on top of him. He willingly fell back and I lay on him, our noses touched and I smiled sweetly. Placing my hands on either side of his head and pulled back. "We only have a few more minutes before they'll get back." I sighed.