Chapter 37

Anja

I didn't think that the young Tokyo girl had it in her until she sent me the first letter. I was shocked, surprised and grateful she made the right choice. I had heard about her doings throughout the Western civilisations. I was impressed with her work and hoped she could go beyond her limits for me.

I looked back across the room and frowned as the white clothed man turned to look at me, holding up clear liquid in a small glass tube. I squinted at it, bored and tired. "Just tell me whatever doctor, it's a regular check up—is it not?"

He sighed and placed the tube back on the desk, it was a very clean desk, the papers neatly piled up and the pens and pencils all sharp and ready for use in a plain white plastic cup. An interesting aesthetic.

He pushed up the glasses that sat, perched on the bridge of his nose. "Congratulations, Mistress." He said dryly. I pursed my lips thoughtfully.

"I guess I should have it, then?" I said, half amused. It was almost funny at how ironic this was. I could laugh, but it was very unladylike to do so.

The doctor sat in his chair and looked at the tube on the desk, taking a moment to think before he answered. "It would be...wise to, yes." He said.

I frowned. "For the kingdom to have an heir?" He nodded. I sighed, it made my plans a little harder, but nothing was impossible when you've had years to make a plan, and when it was watertight. I had prepared for this option.

"Well," I said absently. "I guess Aleksei has another reason to become King."

It was a very white ceremony. Aleksei had been just as excited as I had been when I'd announced to him that the kingdom had an heir. He was probably half as excited to become King. But, we got to get married, which made him happy.

The wedding was white, and it reminded me of the day I was told that it was wise to keep the child as they could be raised to carry on Aleksei and myself's rule if the plan back fired. Or if a different reason occurred. That room of the doctor had been sickly white.

Eggshell white was the colour of the wedding. All we had to do was re-announce vows we'd already made and kiss like how we'd done so many times before.

Then we were officially the rulers of the new kingdom of Alya. With an heir too. It was panned out now, my plan had become even more simpler. And even if I wasn't pregnant with the heir to Alya, the plan wouldn't change.

I would have the power to create the finest army the world has ever seen.

I grinned and absently placed one palm over my stomach. My womb.