Get There For Him - Chapter 50

I am not going to say anything. You don't need to know...

Anja

I made my way past the many laboratories of my many experiments. And even though I was proud of all of them, they'd never accomplished the full capability of their powers I'd gifted to them. Oh very generously. Even if they hated me for it.

I stopped at the most particular door, the most exceptional one in the whole base.

Archer Crawsley's cell. Or the cell of Subject 227.

That was how many test subjects I'd gone through with the liquid. And all of them failures.

"Mr Crawsley better not let me down." I muttered in my native tongue.

I turn and looked sharply at Aleksei, he made direct eye contact and I opened my mouth to give him an order—even though I hated to do it—

"You can be assured, Mistress Lukin, the boy has begun to show sign of brain activity that all the other patients have not shown."

Doctor Kozak spoke assuredly towards me, which was honestly a first as he had displeased me with this particular project since our first subject. And that was when we didn't realise the capability the subject could've reached.

"You better be sure about this, doctor." I replied stonily. I slipped a lane over at Aleksei and he nodded reassuringly. I took a deep breath and entered the cell.

Mr Crawsley was lying in the corner of the metallic room. His umber brown hair fell, cascading over his pallid cheeks. The oily strands of hair were still somehow silky smooth. I brushed them away and looked carefully at his face.

"Hirokazu's waiting for you." I murmured.

He stirred and his lashes fluttered madly against his cheekbones. I grinned and pulled one hand towards me, inspecting his wrist carefully. The veins underneath his pale skin were black and pushing with my miraculous power.

He was finally ready.