Chapter 15

Tsuna

I breathed in deeply, the moon was high in the sky, implying that it was nearing morning. Nearly midnight. "Tsuna?" The familiar softness of the King's voice had me turning around almost immediately. I sent him a small nod and looked back out at the old Queen's garden.

"Hello Hiro." I breathed in deeply, the damp night and strong sent of flowers hit me immediately.  He leant against the balcony next to me and looked out at the scenery too. His gaze watchful, and far to old for his age. The maturity he'd gained by the time I'd arrived a few years back...I was still in awe.

"What a lovely night." I muttered, a shadow flew across the half moon, a symbol of the near future. I frowned, what did moving moon shadow mean again?

"Do you know why I wanted to talk to you?" Hiro asked, casting his gaze upwards, starlight reflecting in his multi-coloured eyes.

I nodded and looked properly at him. "I do."

Hiro looked at me, his hair falling in his eyes and he stared, his gaze agonised. "Then you must tell me."

I sighed. "I cannot." Hiro looked exasperated as growled softly, his features so alike to Ryuu's had once been. I felt my eyes tear up and I looked away quickly. Not wanting to leak rivers just by looking at my grandson. "Why? What's stopping you?" He asked, he reached for my hand and grasped it hard. His voice was pleading with me, begging.

I gulped and looked back at him. "It would ruin everything." I watched his confused expression. "The worst part about being a future reader is that I can answer only with 'yes' and 'no'." I sighed.

"Ask me." Hiro blinked, holding back tears of pain as he opened his mouth. He bit his lip and let go of my hand, recomposing himself and staring at me gravely serious, even though small tears slipped down his face.

"Will I ever be loved?"

I turned to look at him, shocked. "You already are." I said, my surprise obvious.

Hiro smiled sadly. "You know exactly what I mean."

I grasped weakly at his hand and smiled widely. "More than you ever could imagine." I tried to keep the smile going, but I knew it faltered.

Hiro sent me a questioning look. "What—"

A guard burst through the door and looked at us for a few seconds before straightening his posture and bowing deeply in Hiro's direction . "My King—there have been five foreign visitors who arrived moments ago, they requested your presence immediately."

Hiro's face darkened and he sent me an apologetic look. I nodded and he grasped my hand quickly before letting go just as quickly as he grabbed it.