Chapter 2

Midoriya was dumbfounded by seeing Kiseki. He was staring at her with his mouth wide open. He could not believe what he was seeing, his new classmate was also his neighbor. He noticed her looking at him in slight shock, and he noticed what she was wearing. She was dressed comfortably in black sweatpants, a little oversized gray shirt, a black sweater, and her black gloves.

    "Izuku?" Inko asked while shaking his shoulder with one hand and the boxes of food in the other. "Do you two know each other?"

    Midoriya snapped out of his confusion and quickly turned to his mother. "I-I do a-actually, we're in the same class." Midoriya said as he became flustered by him staring at Kiseki.

    "Oh! So you're Izuku's classmate! I haven't met any of his classmates, so it's good to know one of them." Inko said with a big smile on her face. "Anyway, we wanted to greet you since you just moved in." 

  Kiseki looked at them for a moment as if she was in a trance. She then took out the same small notebook from her pocket that Midoriya had seen her take out when she was with Tokoyami, and a pen and began writing. Midoriya and Inko looked at her as she was writing, waiting for a response. Kiseki then flipped the notebook around for the two of them to see. It said:

Thank you for greeting me. It's very kind of you to do that. Would you like to come inside for a little while?

    "Oh, we wouldn't want to bother you. You probably need to rest from packing." Inko said with slight worry in her voice. Kiseki began writing again, then quickly turned it back to them again. She wrote:

It's not a bother at all, I have already finished packing yesterday. I am actually making strawberry tea if you would like some.

  Inko and Midoriya looked at each other, they then silently made an agreement with each other. Midoriya didn't want to bother her, and he felt awkward about going into Kiseki's apartment since he didn't really know her. And besides, he was going inside a girl's apartment, what would her parents think if they saw a boy their daughter's age in their apartment? Midoriya didn't want to create any misunderstandings between them since he might just combust and freak out if that happened, so he wanted to avoid that at all costs. 

    "As long as we aren't bothering you, we would love to have tea with you!" Inko said as she was welcomed in by Kiseki. 

  Midoriya felt betrayed by his own mother, well she wouldn't have known what he was thinking about, so he felt less betrayed. He began mumbling to himself about what his mother had misunderstood about that silent agreement. And before he could come to a conclusion, he noticed Kiseki waiting for him to come inside while holding the door. He began to panic and slowly walked in the apartment. 

    "Th-thank you f-for h-having us…" Midoriya said as he stood at the entrance while Kiseki closed the door. 

  Midoriya didn't hear any movement in the apartment besides his mother's, Kiseki's and his own, which confused him. Kiseki had given them slippers so they could walk around, and while Midoriya and his mother followed her into the kitchen, he noticed that the layout of her apartment was exactly like their apartment layout. He knew that each apartment had their own unique layout, but didn't pay much attention to it. Kiseki motioned them to sit at the small table she had in the kitchen as she walked toward the stove where a kettle was being boiled. She waited only a few moments until the kettle started to whistle and she poured the tea into three small tea cups she had grabbed from one of the cupboards. She handed them cups to Inko and Midoriya, and sat down across from them. Midoriya and his mother took a small whiff of the tea, it smelled of fresh strawberries and a hint of mint. They took a few sips of the tea and they felt instantly refreshed.