Chapter 5

While the students walked around choosing their teammates for the cavalry battle, Kiseki and Tokoyami stood next to each other to show that they were already in a team with each other. As they walked around looking for students to team up with, someone tapped Tokoyami's shoulder. When he turned around, he saw that it was Midoriya. Kiseki also turned to look behind her, seeing Midoriya standing there with a determined expression making eye contact with Tokoyami.

    "Will you be in our team Tokoyami?" Midoriya said, keeping eye contact with him.

    "I apologize Midoriya, I'm already in a team-"

    "Go with him, Tokoyami." Kiseki's robotic voice said, cutting off Tokoyami. Tokoyami whipped his head to look at Kiseki in surprise.

    "Wait, are you two in a team together? I-I'm sorry, I'll find someone else." Midoriya said with slight panic as he was about to walk away. 

    "It's fine, besides you're going to need Tokoyami for the plan I assume you have." Kiseki's robotic voice said as she softly nudged Tokoyami to Midoriya, while staring at Midoriya's team. Midoriya was taken aback by Kiseki's sharpness that he froze.

    "How did you- nevermind. Anyway, are you sure about this Kiseki? What about you? You won't have a team if Tokoyami comes with me." Midoriya said with guilt.

    "I'll find a team. Besides, you do look really determined to win this competition, so you're going to need good allies for the cavalry battle. Plus, I don't know your team's quirks that well, so it will be hard to cooperate with them. So, just make sure you win, that's all I'm going to ask of you." Kiseki's robotic voice explained with her arms crossed.

    "Your right but, what about you Tokoyami, are you okay with this? This is about you after all." Midoriya asked with anticipation. Tokoyami hesitated to answer, while turning to look at both Kiseki and Midoriya a few times before he answered. 

    "I'll go with Midoriya," Tokoyami said with a sigh, "But are you sure about this Kiseki?" Tokoyami asked with concern, which received a small smirk from Kiseki.

    "I'll be fine Tokoyami, I'm not weak so don't worry. And do your best." Kiseki's robotic voice said as she held her gloved fist out to Tokoyami. 

  With a smile, Tokoyami gave Kiseki a fist bump and walked away with Midoriya. Kiseki waved goodbye as they walked out of view with a small smile. She stood alone for a moment, when suddenly a low voice was heard from behind her.

    "Wow, that guy abandoned you to go with the ten million point team. That's a really rude thing to do to a girl. Don't you think?" Kiseki turned to look at who was talking to her, and she saw a tall boy with messy indigo hair that practically defied gravity, small bags under his purple eyes, and he had a stoic- almost neutral- expression when she looked at him. Standing behind him were two of her own classmates, Ojiro and Aoyama.

    "I told him to go with Midoriya. So don't judge him too quickly." Kiseki's robotic voice said with a slight furrow forming on her brows, showing slight irritation.

  The tall boy looked at her dumbfounded. When Kiseki looked back at him with confusion, he quickly snapped back to reality and cleared his throat.

    "Anyway, since I saw what happened, I came over to ask you if you wanted to join our team since we need one more person." The tall boy said stoically. 

    "Are you sure about this? We don't know each other's quirks, so it will be hard to cooperate with each other." Kiseki's robotic voice asked.

    "We can work that out. So will you join our team?" The boy said with a small grin and Kiseki nodded in response.

    "Since we'll be temporarily working together, let's get to know each other. I'm Hitoshi Shinso, and you already know these two since they're in your class." The tall boy introduced himself with the same stoic expression.