Chapter 18

Kiseki hesitated to answer but her artificial voice replied, "I'm alright Shinso. Don't worry." She smiled genuinely to ease Shinso's worries which seemed to work as his grip on her waist loosened slightly. Kiseki looked down to Shinso's hand on her waist then she glanced up to Shinso whose face was fairly close to hers. An unusual heat rose to her face and she quickly stepped away from him out of embarrassment.

    "I'm going to change now, I'll be right back." Kiseki's robotic voice said quickly before she ran off, leaving Shinso in confusion. That is until he noticed how close he had held her. A light pink dusted his cheeks and he put a hand over his eyes. He smiled slightly and walked over to Mr. Aizawa to continue his training.

******************

    "Alright, that's it for class today." Mr. Aizawa concludes with the sound of the lunch bell chime ringing throughout the school. "There is only one week left before your final exams begin. I'm sure you're all studying constantly, right? Don't forget to keep training. The written exam is only one element. There's also the practical portion to worry about. Good luck." He said apathetically before he slid the door shut.

    "We've barely taken any notes this semester!" Kaminari yelled in dismay and Ashido said happily. Ashido started to laugh while Kaminari mulled dreadfully over the upcoming final exam.

    "It's true that we haven't had any free time this semester." Tokoyami added.

  He looked over to Kiseki who had a book in her hands and she looked completely focused on its contents. He looked at the cover for the title that read: Fundamentals of English Grammar. It made him happy to see her being her usual studious self. He knew Kiseki seemed a bit off for the past few days, and he became more suspicious of her behavior when Shinso had asked him to keep an eye on her. Even now, he could tell her mind was in another place.

    "Kiseki, are you alright?" Tokoyami asked.

  Kiseki snapped out of her daze, looked at him with a smile and her robotic voice replied, "I'm fine."

    "Ashido, Kaminari!" Midoriya called to get their attention, but also caught Tokoyami and Kiseki's attention. "We've still got time to study, that way we'll all go to the training camp together! Right?"

    "Yes! As class rep, I have high hopes that we'll make UA proud!" Iida added in confidence.

    "It's pretty hard to fail if you just pay attention in class isn't it?" Todoroki asked apathetically.

    "Everyone processes information differently Todoroki." Kiseki's robotic voice said. "I believe that as long as you do your very best, you can achieve great things!" Her artificial voice said as a large smile grew on her face- even though Kiseki placed 6th in the midterm exams.

    "Why you gotta cut me down like that!" Kaminari said in dismay.

    "Did I say something wrong?!" Kiseki's artificial voice exclaimed. She panicked and waved her arms around until Iida calmed her down.

    "I believe Kaminari is referring to what Todoroki said." Iida explained, and Kiseki sighed from relief and calmed her nerves.

  Afterward, Kiseki, Iida, Tokoyami, Todoroki, Uraraka, and Midoriya chatted with each other about the midterms as they walked to the cafeteria. They grabbed their food and sat down at one of the empty tables. Kiseki sat at the end of the table with Tokoyami on her right side and everyone else filled the rest of the empty spots on the table.

    "I'm kinda scared about the practical. I have no idea what it's going to be." Midoriya said with uneasiness in his voice.

    "Hard to believe they will give us anything too crazy." Iida said before he began eating his meal.