Chapter 16

"We did it... " Kiseki's robotic voice said.

    "Yeah... we did." Shinso said with relief.

    "Alright you two," Eraserhead called, "Lets hand these villains over to the police, and bring this kid to his parents."

    "Yes sir!" Kiseki's robotic voice and Shinso replied.

****************

  Kiseki, Shinso and Eraserhead exited the bank with Ryo and the unconscious villains in tow. Kiseki– who carried Ryo in her arms– reunited Ryo with his mother who wailed in tears and hugged her son tight. Ryo's mother thanked Kiseki, Shinso, and Eraserhead repeatedly as she cried, and Ryo struggled to loosen his mother's grip on him since she was suffocating him in her embrace. Kiseki's expression turned somber for a moment as she watched the mother and son cry in relief, and Shinso noticed.

    "I'm sorry..." the blue haired villain mumbled solemnly to himself. Little did he know, Kiseki and Shinso heard the villain as he was being shoved to a police car. They were confused as to why he was apologizing, but they saw the far away look in his eyes and noticed he wasn't talking to anyone in particular. "I'm sorry Aika... we needed the money, but I was reckless. Please, take care of yourself and our little Hana and Hajime for me."

  That was all the villain mumbled solemnly before he was shoved in a police car to be taken away for questioning. Shinso felt a wave of guilt flood his mind when he heard the villain's quiet plea, but he did what needed to be done. He glanced at Kiseki who had a face of guilt as well. But she pulled her mask up higher to hide her face.

  Ryo worriedly reached out his hand and tugged Kiseki's arm to get her attention and asked, "Are you okay?"

  Kiseki pulled down her mask and adjusted it over the bridge of her nose where it belonged and nodded to Ryo. Then, Kiseki turned around and noticed Shinso looking at her. She flashed a small smile in Shinso's direction and she waved goodbye to Ryo and his mother.

    "Wait, pretty lady!" Ryo hollered. Kiseki turned around and pointed to herself questioningly and Ryo smiled, his eyes were burning with passion and determination and he yelled at the top of his lungs, "Thank you for saving me and my mom!! And you, tired looking guy with purple hair!" Shinso raised a brow, and met eyes with the small boy, "You were really cool when you fought those villains!! And thank you for saving us!! And you with the scarf!" Eraserhead was talking with one of the police, but when he heard the boy call him he turned his head to look at Ryo, "You're really strong, and you saved all of us that were inside the bank! So thank you– all of you!! I hope I can become a hero like all three of you when I grow up!!"

  Their eyes widened in surprise, they didn't expect Ryo to thank them and declare his newfound inspiration for them for his future. Shinso looked down and rubbed his neck awkwardly as he tried to hide a smirk that was forming on his face; Eraserhead tried to hide his smirk by hiding his mouth behind his scarf; and Kiseki smiled widely behind her mask, unable to contain her happiness.

  Kiseki smiled and her artificial voice replied as she waved, "My name isn't 'pretty lady,' my name is Poltergeist. I would love to see you become a strong and admired hero one day! And I hope to see you again soon Ryo!"

    "My name is Mindjack." Shinso corrected, "Do your best, and take care of your mom so you don't worry her anymore."

    "Train hard and don't slack off if you want to be a hero." Eraserhead said bluntly.

  Ryo's smile went wide from their encouragement, and he nodded excitedly. He suddenly raised a closed fist in the air and yelled, "Plus Ultra!"

  Kiseki happily copied him and raised her own gloved fist in the air, along with Shinso and the crowd and they all yelled in unison, "Plus Ultra!!"