Chapter 19

Yaoyorozu turned to Kiseki and Todoroki and asked, “Well, shall we begin strategizing for our exam?”

  Kiseki nodded with a determined look and Todoroki simply nodded his head and the three of them walked inside the building.

*******************

  Kiseki, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu had gathered around the whiteboard that had a map of the area they would be fighting Mr. Aizawa, and they analyzed the map carefully.

    “Alright,” Yaoyorozu said nervously to get rid of the silence. “Now that we have memorized the area, we should choose what we should do. Fight or run.”

    “We have to run.” Kiseki’s robotic voice replied.

    “What? Why?” Todoroki and Yaoyorozu asked in surprise.

    “Although there are three of us, we are outmatched by him. He can erase our quirks, so obviously we can’t fight with our powers. So our only option is to run.” Kiseki’s artificial voice replied.

    “Don’t you have that staff? You can fight him with it.” Todoroki suggested.

    “No sorry, I can’t.” Kiseki’s robotic voice replied. She pulled out the staff from its holster on her back and held it out. The staff extended when she held it out, startling Todoroki and Yaoyorozu. “I haven’t mastered using it, so I might accidentally hit myself instead of hitting Mr. Aizawa.” Her artificial voice replied.

    “I see. That is inconvenient.” Yaoyorozu pondered out loud.

    “I apologize.” Kiseki’s robotic voice said as she bowed.

    “There’s no need to apologize! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say that out loud!” Yaoyorozu replied as she waved her hands around in a panic.

  Suddenly, a loud buzzer went off catching the trio’s attention, “Sato and Kirishima have been knocked out. Exam over.

    “That was fast.” Todoroki stated absentmindedly. 

    “I can’t believe they failed so quickly.” Yaoyorozu said with worry.

    “Oh no…” Kiseki’s robotic voice said as a disheartened look washed over her face.

  Her hopes of getting to spend more time with all her classmates were beginning to crumble, and she couldn’t help but be a little sad about it. 

  Once again, another buzzer went off, “Team Asui and Tokoyami. Practical exam. Ready? GO!

  Kiseki’s breath hitched when she heard the announcement, and worry filled her mind. To ease it, she leaned forward in her chair, held her gloved hands together, and closed her eyes to calm her nerves. She knew Tokoyami had a weakness for close combat and that made her worry the most. The room grew silent as Todoroki and Yaoyorozu watched Kiseki silently calm herself. 

  Yaoyorozu walked over to her and put a comforting hand on Kiseki’s shoulder, “Hey… Why don’t we get something to drink?” She suggested with a small smile.

  Kiseki looked up at her and a small smile grew on her lips. She nodded and Yaoyorozu looked over to Todoroki for a response, “How about you Todoroki?”

    “Sure.” He replied with a nod. 

    “Alright! Let’s go, you two!” Yaoyorozu said enthusiastically as she raised a fist to the air, trying to lift the mood. 

  Kiseki copied her and raised her own gloved fist in the air, and Yaoyorozu laughed at her childish behavior. The trio walked together to the vending machines and chatted about things they liked.