Chapter 8

"That last match was pretty anticlimactic don't you think?" commented Present Mic.

  Aizawa let out an exasperated sigh, "Although it was anticlimactic, it was the most efficient way to end the match. Remember Mic: Being a hero doesn't mean everything we do has to be eventful. It's better to have the streets peaceful, other than having people die left and right."

    "Right..." said Present Mic in a shameful tone as he slouched in his chair. "Well hopefully the next match will be more exciting! The next two students to fight are quite unique! Tokoyami and Kiseki have both shown a great amount of skill and power during the sports festival! Don't you think so Eraser?"

    "Every student that has participated in the sports festival has shown great amounts of skill." Aizawa scolded.

    "Exactly! Well said Eraser!" exclaimed Present Mic, completely ignoring Aizawa's stern gaze. "Now without further ado, let us announce our next contenders!" 

  The crowd erupted in cheers as the two students made their way to the battlefield.

    "Here comes class 1-A's dark knight in the shadows!" Present Mic announced as he attempted to sound like a Ring Announcer, "Here's~ Tokoyami!!!" 

    "His opponent will be the mystifying beauty of class 1-A– who has also come here on recommendation– Kiseki!!!"

  The crowd erupted into cheers as the two students walked onto the battlefield. They both had a serious expression as they stood face-to-face with each other. Kiseki broke eye contact as her eyes wandered around the crowd of people, and her expression seemed to grow anxious. She closed her eyes for a moment and took a silent breath in and out before looking back up to Tokoyami with a smile. He returned her smile with one of his own and took his hands out of his pockets to assume his fighting stance. Kiseki stretched her arms for a few seconds before positioning herself into a fighting stance as well.

  Midnight glanced at the two of them before raising her flogger-style whip into the air, "Ready?" And in one quick motion, she lowered her whip, "Begin!!" 

  Tokoyami immediately released Dark Shadow and commanded him to charge at Kiseki. But Kiseki dodged by getting low to the ground and disappearing leaving the creature bewildered. Tokoyami ordered Dark Shadow to shield him, but was somehow pushed back by an unknown force. 

    "Dark Shadow!" Tokoyami called in desperation as he was continuously being pushed backwards.

  The creature quickly turned around and quickly glided in front of him before turning the opposite direction. Tokoyami was confused by the creature's actions until he looked at what was before him. Kiseki was kneeling on the ground, with a perplexed expression on her face. So not only was Tokoyami confused but Kiseki was too. 

    "What is going on Dark Shadow?!" Tokoyami asked in an interrogative tone.

    "I just grabbed her and threw her!" Dark Shadow replied while keeping his eyes on Kiseki.

    "You what?" Tokoyami questioned.

  Kiseki didn't even give him time to think before disappearing again. Dark Shadow looked like he was attacking the air, while Tokoyami just stood there in confusion.

    "Does that mean Dark Shadow can see her? So her quirk must be Invisibility like Hagakure. But from what I gathered, even Dark Shadow could not see Hagakure. So what makes Kiseki different from Hagakure?" Tokoyami thought.

  His thoughts were interrupted when an unknown force aggressively pushed him back again. Tokoyami tried to push away whatever was pushing him, but there was nothing. Dark Shadow seemed to grab whatever was on him and took it off of him.