Chapter 9

As Kiseki was being taken to Recovery Girl's office, she began to have trouble breathing as her health had gotten much worse after pushing past her limits. As she lied there trying to control her breathing, she heard faint voices in the distance. But they grew louder as the robots took her closer to them. She immediately recognized one of the voices as Midoriya's, but the other she couldn't recognize but it seemed familiar.

    "One day, you're gonna do incredible things with One for All. That's something I truly believe." The other voice said.

    "... I'll do my best..." Midoriya said shakily.

  Kiseki was confused as to who Midoriya was talking to, but right now she had to focus on controlling her breathing. When the robots turned into another hallway, they passed by Midoriya and the thin, blond man Kiseki saw earlier in Recovery Girl's office when Midoriya broke his arms.

    "Kiseki?!" yelled Midoriya in surprise.

  Kiseki looked over to Midoriya's retreating figure as the robots continued to head to Recovery Girl's office. He looked worried upon seeing her, but she wasn't able to do anything other than look at him since her body felt too weak to move, and she was too focused on her breathing to respond to him. Eventually, the robots made it Recovery Girl's office and Recovery Girl walked over to her with a worried expression.

    "Goodness child! What happened to you?!" Recovery Girl put her hand on Kiseki's forehead, "You're burning up! Let's get you into a bed for now. Can you stand?"

  Kiseki responded with a weak nod, and slowly lifted herself off the stretcher as Recovery Girl helped her get into the bed. Kiseki winced in pain when her shoulder touched the bed, alarming Recovery Girl.

    "Did you injure your shoulder? Let me take a look at it." Recovery Girl gently removed Kiseki's gym jacket revealing her black undershirt and bruised shoulders making Recovery Girl gasp in surprise. "I won't be able to heal your shoulders completely because you're so exhausted. Especially your right shoulder, you will need to come in tomorrow to heal it completely. But your left shoulder will heal overnight after if I heal it now."

  Kiseki nodded in understanding, and Recovery Girl kissed her cheek, draining Kiseki's stamina in order to speed up the natural healing process of Kiseki's body. Kiseki's breathing steadied as the pain lessened, and the bruising on her shoulders began to fade away, although it didn't disappear completely. Afterwards, Recovery Girl began bandaging her shoulders when suddenly the door slammed open. Iida, Uraraka, Midoriya, Asui, Shoji, and Tokoyami stood at the entrance of the doorway with worried expressions, except for Tokoyami who looked down at the floor with his hands in his pockets.

    "Are you okay Kiseki?" Asui asked as the group walked into the office, while Tokoyami stood by the door. Kiseki responded with a weak nod as Recovery Girl finished bandaging her shoulders and upper arms.

  They could clearly see that her face was flushed and pale and she was shivering slightly. Recovery Girl helped Kiseki lay down on the bed, and tucked her in.

    "She'll be fine, she has a fever so she needs to rest. Meaning, you all need to go." said Recovery Girl sternly as she placed a cold compress on Kiseki's head.

  From outside the door of Recovery Girl's office, the sound of rushed stomping was coming from the hallway and it sounded like it was coming closer. Then suddenly, the brown haired man with glasses, a suit and white lab coat from earlier had appeared in the doorway panting heavily, presumably from running. Now that they were able to take a closer look at the man, they noticed that his skin was a light tan, and he looked pretty young despite the slight eye bags he had, and he had Kiseki's school bag slung on his shoulder. The group of students stared at the man as he controlled his breathing, before walking over to Kiseki.