Chapter 14

"Shinso?!" Midoriya screamed.

  Shinso didn't seem to be phased by Midoriya's surprise as he maintained his stoic demeanor. His tired eyes looked over to Kiseki who seemed a bit panicked and nervous.

    "W-what is he d-doing in your a-apartment?" Midoriya asked Kiseki.

  After a long explanation, Midoriya understood their circumstances but he couldn't help but be nervous around the indigo-haired boy. Afterwards, Midoriya gave them some time to collect their belongings so they could walk to the train station where Mr. Aizawa told them to meet. 

  Once they were ready, the three of them made their way to the train stop to take them to the Central Train Station where their other classmates would be meeting up. As they walked, there was a tense atmosphere surrounding Midoriya and Shinso and unfortunately, Kiseki was in the middle of it. Kiseki glanced at them nervously since they were both eerily quiet. Shinso and Midoriya had not tried to speak or look at each other at all ever since they first started walking, and it made Kiseki uneasy. Kiseki observed their behavior as they walked to find out how to break the ice. Midoriya was fidgety, his arms stiff and close to his body, and he had a very awkward smile. It was obvious that he was very nervous. Shinso on the other hand, looked calm with his usual stoic demeanor, but his arms were tense. Shinso seemed to be slightly uncomfortable by the awkwardness like Kiseki.

  Kiseki fidgeted with the strap of her messenger bag as she thought of ways to break the heavy atmosphere, but she just couldn't think of anything. That is until she looked down at her silver suitcase, which she thought could be a great conversation starter. 

    "Are you two excited about starting your internships?" Kiseki's robotic voice asked.

    "W-wha–? OH! Yeah I am!" Midoriya replied with a trembling voice, but he had a smile on his face despite how visibly nervous he was.

    "Kinda." Shinso simply replied. Although Shinso maintained his stoic demeanor, Kiseki noticed Shinso's arms relax a bit.

    "What about you Kiseki? Aren't you excited?" Midoriya asked as his nervousness began to slowly disappear. 

    "I am!" Kiseki's robotic voice exclaimed as a wide smile formed on her lips, "I'm curious about what Mr. Aizawa has planned for Shinso and I. And I want to know what my hero costume looks like!"

    "I still can't wrap my head around on why Mr. Aizawa decided to take on interns." Midoriya mumbled loud enough for Kiseki and Shinso to hear, "He's an Underground hero, so I didn't think he would want interns."

    "What are you trying to say?" Shinso asked, clearly irritated and slightly offended.

  Midoriya opened his mouth to answer, but he quickly covered his mouth with his hand before he could utter a word. 

  Shinso rolled his tired eyes and said with slight irritation, "I'm not going to brainwash you every time you answer me."

    "S-sorry... What I was going to say was, I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I just thought that it was surprising to me that Mr. Aizawa decided to take on any interns." Midoriya said dejectedly. 

  Then they both went quiet again, and Kiseki tightened her grip on the strap on her messenger bag. She glanced worriedly between the two boys who were walking beside her, and thought of ways to get them to talk to each other without starting another argument. So she brought up the subject of their hero costumes.

    "So, what did Niji do for your hero costume Shinso?" Kiseki's robotic voice asked, "Did you commission it, or did he offer to make one for you?"