Chapter 4

On the morning of the sports festival, Midoriya and Kiseki walked to the arena together. Midoriya had so many mixed emotions in him that he couldn't understand because of the sports festival, but Kiseki seemed completely calm. He thought: 'How can she be so calm? She might be freaking out and just putting on a brave face. Yeah, let's go with that.

  Eventually, they arrived at the arena and they went their separate ways to change into their gym uniforms. Kiseki and the other girls arrived at the waiting room where the boys had arrived shortly before them. Kiseki sat across the table Tokoyami sat in and pulled out her phone to pass the time.

    "You purchased a new phone?" Tokoyami asked. Which Kiseki nodded in response.

    "I picked it up four days ago. And I just finished transferring all the data from my old phone to this one." Kiseki's robotic voice said.

  Suddenly, Todoroki got out of his chair and walked over to threaten Midoriya, but when Todoroki mentioned Midoriya being close with All Might, Kiseki furrowed her brows in surprise. Then, Todoroki walked away. Kiseki just stared at them until Todoroki sat back down. Uraraka noticed that Kiseki had lowered her head, and was tightly holding her gloved hands together. Uraraka was worried about her and she hesitated to ask her if she was okay. After a few moments of contemplating, she mustered up the courage to walk over to sit next to Kiseki.

    "Hey Kiseki, are you okay?" Uraraka asked with a worried expression. 

  Kiseki looked up to look at Uraraka and nodded in response. Kiseki sat up straight in her seat and moved her hair away from her face. Uraraka noticed and an idea filled her mind.

    "Is your hair bothering you? I can help you with your hair." Uraraka said rummaging through her pocket for hair ties. The other girls heard Uraraka, and walked over to them.

    "Are you going to fix Kiseki's hair? Well we might as well make it look cute!" Ashido said with excitement. 

    "Oh no, that's okay. I can just put it up into a ponytail." Kiseki's robotic voice said, as she stood up and put her hand out to receive the hair ties Uraraka had. 

    "I can do it for you, it's no problem. Besides it will be hard for you to do it since you have such long hair." Uraraka said with a smile. 

  Kiseki hesitated for a moment, but she reluctantly sat back down in her chair and put as much of her hair behind her. Uraraka took that reaction as permission to help her, and started brushing Kiseki's hair with a brush Aoyama had given her. As Uraraka brushed her hair, she noticed how soft and silky her hair was. She didn't deny how pretty she thought Kiseki's silver hair was, but she didn't expect her hair to be so soft. She quickly shook away those thoughts after noticing the time on the clock, and started tying Kiseki's hair up into a ponytail. 

    "And...Done! Now it shouldn't bother you anymore!" Uraraka proudly said as she handed back the brush to Aoyama. 

  Kiseki slowly put her gloved hands on her head and sat there clutching her hair in her hands. Ashido noticed she was trembling a little and was about to ask her what was wrong, but was interrupted by an announcement for all the students to head to the arena. Everyone prepared themselves and walked out of the waiting room. Then just as they entered the arena, Kiseki flinched by Present Mic's loud voice announcing their entrance. Kiseki watched as every class was announced one after another until it was time for a speech from Bakugo. Shortly after, Bakugo was called to the stand for his announcement.

    "I just wanna say...I'm here to win." Bakugo said with a straight face to the audience.

  All of the students began yelling in rage as he walked off the stage. While the students yelled in anger,, Tokoyami noticed Kiseki had turned to look away, covering her mouth with her gloved hand.