Chapter 11

Classes started up again, and Midoriya and Kiseki had walked to the school together as it rained. It took them longer than usual because people recognized them from the Sports Festival, and wanted to encourage the heroes-in-training. One person they were stopped by was an old woman, the woman had given them candy and placed a rose in Kiseki's hair, neatly tucked by Kiseki's left ear. Even after they said goodbye to the old woman, Kiseki refused to remove the flower from her hair. And on the way to the entrance of the school, they encountered Iida in a raincoat as he sped past them. They quickly ran after him, while being careful not to slip on the wet ground. Once they got inside, Kiseki and Midoriya put their umbrellas in the rack. Kiseki was noticeably worried about Iida, so Midoriya decided to talk to him.

    "So, Iida, um–"

    "If it's about my brother, don't be concerned." Iida said as he removed the hood of his raincoat. "I'm sorry if I made you worry. Everything will be fine."

  And with that, Iida walked away without another word. Midoriya and Kiseki shared a look of concern, and quickly followed after Iida to their classroom. When they entered the classroom, they were greeted by Tokoyami, Shoji, and Uraraka. The students were currently talking about how people had recognized them from the Sports Festival, and were currently making fun of Sero. Midoriya, Iida, and Uraraka had gone ahead and sat at their desks, leaving Shoji, Tokoyami and Kiseki.

    "What's with the rose?" asked Shoji, pointing to the rose in Kiseki's hair.

    "An old woman gave it to me as an congratulatory gift. She was very nice, and she even gave me candy!" Kiseki's robotic voice said with a smile, as she grabbed a handful of hard candy from her messenger bag. She offered some of the candy to them, and Shoji took a couple and Tokoyami respectfully declined the offer.

    "I suggest putting the flower away before one of the staff takes it away." Tokoyami suggested.

  Kiseki– with slight disappointment– removed the rose from her hair and placed it neatly in the knot of her red tie. It complimented her uniform and everyone thought it made her look cuter, making her smile with embarrassment. Shortly after, Mr. Aizawa entered the classroom, and everyone rushed to their seats. Kiseki was surprised to see that he no longer had bandages, but he had a scar under his right eye. He told the class that the lesson they had for today was on Hero Informatics. And Kiseki could feel the dread weighing on the other students.

    "You need code names." Mr. Aizawa clarified with a deadpan expression. "Time to pick your hero identities."

    "This is gonna be totally awesome!!" The class cheered, making Kiseki flinch in surprise from the sudden excitement. Mr. Aizawa activated his quirk while glaring at them, and the class immediately went silent.

    "This is related to the Pro-Hero draft picks that I mentioned the last time we were in class together. Normally, students don't have to worry about the draft yet– not until their second or third year actually, but your class is different. In fact, by extending offers to first-years like you, pros are essentially investing in your potential. Any offers can be rescinded if they're interest in you dies down before graduation though." Mr. Aizawa explained.

  Kiseki rested her chin on her gloved hand in thought, but looked up to see the amount of offers their class had received. She looked at the board with surprise at the amount of offers Todoroki and Bakugo received. Kiseki looked down the list to see that she had 184 offers. She was very surprised to see that big number, so she was frozen in her seat– drowning out everyone's voices. 

    "Despite these results, you'll all be interning with pros. Got it?" Mr. Aizawa said in a serious tone.

  Kiseki released herself from her daze to look at her teacher in confusion. Mr. Aizawa explained that due to their experience with villains attacking the USJ, it will be helpful to experience being out on the field with pro heroes. He then explained the importance of having a hero name, when Midnight entered the classroom.