Chapter 13

Shinso and Kiseki walked through the streets of Musutafu, and they talked about their training and what they can improve on. Before they got to the train station, Kiseki decided to get groceries for dinner since they had enough time until the next train would come. So they went to the closest supermarket and walked through the aisles of the store.

    "Is there anything you want to have for dinner?" Kiseki's robotic voice asked, as she walked through the produce aisle with a basket she got from the entrance earlier on her arm. 

  Shinso thought for a moment before shrugging, "I don't know, maybe soup. My jaw hurts, so I don't want to chew anything tough."

  Kiseki put a gloved hand on her chin in thought as she looked around the store. As if a light bulb went off in her head, she began walking around the store while grabbing different items and placing them into the basket. Shinso followed her around the store as she seemed to know exactly what to get. She seemed so focused on her current task that she didn't seem to notice Shinso staring at a blue cat key chain. 

  Once she looked over all the items and checked to see if she had everything she needed, she turned to Shinso only to see him staring at the key chain. She smiled fondly at him, and tapped him on the shoulder to let him know that she was ready to check out. He nodded, and they went to check out. As Shinso helped Kiseki put the items in bags he caught a glimpse of her quickly scanning something and stuffing it inside one of the bags. He raised a brow at her but she only smiled back at him. After a small one-sided argument about Shinso paying for half of the total amount– which Shinso won– they paid for the groceries and rode on the train until they reached their stop. 

  They walked the rest of the way, until they reached Kiseki's apartment. They walked up the stairs until they reached Kiseki's floor, and Kiseki unlocked her door and held it open for Shinso. He walked into the unlit apartment, until his vision suddenly went bright when Kiseki turned on the light to the apartment.

  They took off their shoes and walked deeper into the apartment, and set down the groceries on the dark wood table. He looked around the apartment with tired eyes, and saw almost all the wood furniture was a dark wood, which surprisingly complimented the white walls. The living room and kitchen were connected in the large room, so the dining table was right behind the comfy looking brown couch. In front of the couch was a flat-screen TV, and on the sides of the TV were bookshelves filled with books, some were old while others were brand new. The kitchen was relatively small, but big enough for about three people to walk around in without bumping into each other. The kitchen had black stainless steel appliances, which made Kiseki stick out because of her silver hair. 

  Kiseki was mouthing something to herself as she looked around her kitchen for the supplies and ingredients she needed. She looked to Shinso and smiled and walked towards him.

    "Follow me please, I'll show you which room you'll stay in for the week." Kiseki's robotic voice said as she beckoned him toward the hallway. 

  Shinso followed her to the hallway with his duffel bag slung on his shoulder. She opened a door at the end of the hallway where there was a neatly made bed, dresser, and empty closet. 

    "This is the guest room. The dresser and closet is empty if you want to put your clothes in there." Kiseki's robotic voice explained.

    "You were excited about me staying here for the week huh?" Shinso teased nonchalantly, causing Kiseki to blush a slight tint of red. 

    "I had to get the guest room ready since Niji likes to make surprise visits." Kiseki's robotic voice explained as she looked down at the ground, hiding her face with her hair, "The bathroom is on your left if you want to take a shower. I'll cook the food while you take a shower."