Chapter 22

"Let's just say that all bands are great." Shoji offered.

"Agreed." Tokoyami and Shinso replied in unison.

"Now that you three came to an agreement, shall we get going?" Kiseki's device asked as a smile formed on her face.

With a small smile Shinso replied as he moved to stand next to Kiseki, "Yeah let's go."

**********************

Tokoyami followed Shinso and stood on the other side of Kiseki with Shoji next to him, then they all made their way through the halls. On their way to Kiseki's apartment, they made a few stops to buy snacks and ingredients that they would need for their small party. As they walked to each stop and boarded the train to her house, they talked, laughed and made friendly debates with each other.

Once they arrived at Kiseki's front door, she unlocked the door and was greeted by a loud pop with confetti falling down on them. They stood at the entrance with their bodies frozen in surprise, when a woman's laugh broke them from their trance. She held her stomach from her laughter while wiping a tear away from her eyes.

The woman looked to be in her mid-thirties, with short, wavy, blackberry violet hair and rosy pink eyes. She was dressed formally with a white button-up shirt, an a-line skirt that was just above her knees, and a white lab coat to top it off. From her presence alone, the three boys could tell she was kind, although a bit mischievous and out-going.

The woman took a few deep breaths to calm her laughter and she said to the group of teens, "Sorry about that! I wanted to surprise all of you, so I bought a party popper." She said with a warm smile. She looked past Kiseki to get a good look at the three boys that accompanied Kiseki. "You two must be Hisako and Tokoyami's friends!" She walked over to them with a pep in her step and held out her hands to Shoji and Shinso. "My name is Yume Minamoto, it's nice to meet you!"

Shoji and Shinso took her hands and shook it in greeting, "It's nice to meet you ma'am," Shoji greeted. The woman was significantly shorter than Shoji so he had to bend down a little to shake her hand, but he didn't mind it too much. "My name is Mezo Shoji."

"And I'm Hitoshi Shinso, it's nice to meet you Ms. Minamoto." He introduced with his other hand in his pocket and the other shaking Minamoto's hand.

"There's no need to be so formal! Please, just Minamoto is fine." She said with a friendly smile.

Shoji and Shinso nodded in understanding and Minamoto turned to Kiseki and Tokoyami with a smile. "So these are your new friends, huh? That's good to hear!" Minamoto expressed with relief. "Well we can't celebrate properly by standing in the doorway! Come in, come in!" She urged.

The group of teens hurriedly took off their shoes to put on indoor slippers, and placed their bags on a table that was near the entrance and made their way inside the apartment. When they walked in, a sweet aroma filled their noses which seemed to be coming from the kitchen. Kiseki motioned for the boys to sit down on the couch, which they obeyed and sat down. Kiseki grabbed the remote to the T.V and placed it in front of them and her device said, "Here you go. You can watch T.V for a little bit while I help Ms. Minamoto."

"We can assist with anything that needs to be done." Tokoyami offered, which received a nod in agreement from Shoji and Shinso.

Kiseki was about to protest but Minamoto interrupted by popping her head out of the cupboard and said, "I would appreciate the assistance!"

With a silent sight of defeat, Kiseki smiled with gratitude and led them to the kitchen where Minamoto was stirring some batter in a bowl with a rubber spatula.