suzy's intervention

Suzy was worried about Archer and I and I didn't really blame her. But it was quite amusing to see her scold him about how busy he always was with the pack and other matters and had little time to spend with me and I again, I had to agree with her.

One of the things that I had learned about my mate was that he was a bit much of an alcoholic, but it's not like I don't understand. He was managing the biggest and strongest pack of the West alone.

Moreover, I am an Alpha's daughter and I saw how much work must be put into maintaining a pack and so I don't hold it against him I just... ugh, never mind.

Ever since the conversation we had at the Luna Flumine river, I could see the noticeable changes in Archer. Although most of the time it was a bit awkward and I found myself laughing at his attempts to get closer.

Every morning, he tried cooking for me but like the first he tried doing that, he failed and I found myself having to salvage whatever I could to have something edible at the table. Whenever that happened, he'd just stand like a lost puppy beside me and tried to help, but I didn't let him.

Other times, he would pick me up at the nursery, where I stayed at most of the times, and we would just spend time together, something we never really did before.

He was definitely talking more and I was so happy when he would tell me stories about him every here and there.

"So what can you say about the rumours about you being cruel and whatnot? I never really believed them." I say and laughed. Whatever did they see in Archer to make him a cruel Alpha?

Archer's lips tugged into a smile and shook his head. The way the sun hit his hazel eyes and with that damned smile, it caught my breath away and I had to quickly look down so he wouldn't notice me fawning over him.

He brushed his thumb over his chin and looked at me.

"Of course you wouldn't. And even if you did, I doubt you would have been very afraid of me." he answers.

I thought about it for a moment and nodded. It was true, I wasn't really afraid of anybody in particular no matter how high their rank was or how powerful they are. It must be because I was born with special abilities or because I was an Alpha's kid, I don't really know.

I've always been aware of the privileges that I was born into, but I believe that no one should abuse the power they have no matter what the reason.

Anyways, although in my humble opinion, I was doing good progress with Archer, Suzy did not seem to think so.

And so, she insisted that she was going to help me.

That's how I found myself sitting on the sand watching the waves crash one onto the other while there were hundreds of people around me, a mix of humans and werewolves, either swimming, sunbathing or just playing around.

I don't really understand how this was going to help my relationship with Archer, I simply went along with her and we arrived her.

She said that we were staying here for five days and four nights and so far, it had only been a night and I was already missing Archer so much. I missed having him around.

"Hazel, look here!" Suzy beamed and placed a phone in front of me to take a picture, I smiled brightly as she captured the moment.

She looked excited and quickly walked towards me and at that time, I saw Frances as well as Polly, a pack nurse, walking out from the showers towards us.

Suzy showed me the picture. I was wearing a yellow two piece that matched my tanned skin, but I was wearing a white beach cardigan over it. I smiled at the beautifully taken photo.