nothing but sunny days

18+ scene ahead, read at your own discretion. skip if you want :)

When I opened my eyes, I found the side next to me empty

When I opened my eyes, I found the side next to me empty. I immediately got up and searched the room, Archer wasn't anywhere in sight.

But then I heard clanking sounds coming from outside the room and I breathed, relieved. He was still here. So he's really going to stay here until we leave? Good.

I pulled my body out of the bed, with all the sleep I got, I felt energized and am ready for the day.

Quickly, I went to the bathroom and rinsed up.

I walked out of the bathroom and followed Archer's scent. I was led to the kitchen and found him on the phone while putting something from a pan to a plate.

"Ask Allan to handle it for a while." Archer said, a phone on his ear that was being lightly held by his shoulder.

When I saw him, something in the air shifted differently, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. What is it?

Archer was wearing a black undershirt that was slightly oversized for him so it showed a bit of skin. Unconsciously, I gulped at the sight.

When he saw me, he put down the pan and held the phone properly. "Yeah, in two days. I need to go Derek, get someone to send me a message if anything urgent comes up. Urgent, Derek, not something trivial." he repeats which makes me smile.

Derek was truly a perfect match for Suzy.

"Anything going on at the pack?" I questioned and sat at the counter stool of the breakfast table.

At this height, I saw what Archer was preparing. It was buttermilk pancakes with scrambled eggs at the side.

He put it in front of me and handed me a fork. "Nothing they can't handle." he answered shortly.

I looked at the full plate in front of me and wondered in amazement.

"Wow, this looks pretty good! I'm not sure about the taste though." I say teasingly and he chuckles.

"It'll be good, trust me." he says and pushes a plate besides me. He walked and sat next to me as we ate.

For the first time, he actually cooked something delicious and not plainly edible. I complimented him on that and he simply shook his head saying that it was nothing, but even I could see that he was happy.

After eating, Archer informed me that Suzy came by this morning telling us to meet them at the surfing area later on since they will be surfing some more.

I also wanted to surf more today although I had a hard time yesterday, I still want to learn it because riding a wave actually felt nice. Well... not until I lose my balance and fall off and the wave tries to drown me.

I changed to the blue one piece that I told Archer about yesterday and wore an dress shirt over it. I made Archer wear his blue Hawaiian shirt and even it looked funny to me.