gone

||— A R C H E R —

"No, forget it Archer

"No, forget it Archer. I've been waiting for just a piece of news from you Archer, I really needed you Archer, but you're always so busy with others and what about me? I'm so tired of fighting for someone who is mine. Don't bother anymore."

Those were Hazel's last words when she disconnected our call. Her every word dripping from disappointment and I started to feel that I made the wrong decision.

I cursed myself repeatedly as I tried to dial back, my hands were trembling now. My heart was beating fast, my mind racing with thoughts trying to figure out what was wrong.

Damn it, Archer! You messed up, again.

"The number you have dialled is unavailable. Please try again--" I hang up and tried to dial again, but it didn't connect anymore.

I rummaged my luggage for my voca orb and tried to connect it, but like the past few days, it wouldn't connect.

"Archer, c'mon, you're the only one they're waiting fo-- are you okay?" Suzy asked when she barged into my room.

I was breathing hard, my chest hurt and I couldn't shake off the feeling that there was something terribly wrong. She was trying to tell me something-- what was it?

I looked at the phone in my hand and then to Suzy. I just had to finish this meeting with Raymond's pack, Jessica's mate, and everything would be good.

Things took longer than usual, the greedy bastards wanted compensation even though Raymond already agreed to take Jessica back. They asked for the skies and the seas and so we had to remind them of their place.

Not to mention, the connection in this place sucks. Raymond's pack just had to be in the farthest northwest possible with no established connections. The voca orb would get me through no problem, but Hazel seemed to have no intention to answer that.

A compensation is understandable, but what they asked for was too much and Derek and I have been working to see what we could give while keeping it at a reasonable price.

"Archer? Did something happen?" Suzy asked again, this time sounding more concerned.

"Uh... I don't know—, let's just get this over with and return quickly." I said, trying to shake off the ominous feeling.

I felt like a lump was stuck in my throat and it was hard to swallow, but I had to get it together.

My mind went back to Hazel, what happened? Should I just return now? But then again, I just needed to finish this one last discussion and I'll return as soon as I can... yeah, that seems to be the reasonable decision to take.

The sooner I finish this, the sooner I can see Hazel. She would understand.

Right?