now here we are

One year later

H A Z E L

"She refuses to eat anything, I don't know what to do

"She refuses to eat anything, I don't know what to do." Caroline was telling me about one of the children at the daycare. I turn to her, eyeing her, already knowing what she wanted me to do.

"I will try to get her to finish her meal." I tell her with a smile to which she immediately lights up to.

"You're an angel!" she exaggerates and handed me the tray of food.

Taking it from her, I went over to Sabrina who was sitting at a table all alone. Seeing the tray that I brought with me, she pouted and faced the other way.

I sat at the small chair, hoping it doesn't give away under my adult weight and it thankfully it didn't or else I would've been so embarrassed.

"Hey Sabrina, are you not feeling well?" I started mellowly and smiled. Instead of answering me, she turned to me just to throw me a scowling look and then turned away again. I sighed and pushed the tray closer to her.

"You know, if you're not gonna eat, when mommy comes and picks you up and asks if you have been a good girl, I will have to tell her that you weren't." I bargain, sounding extra sad and dramatic. Panic settled in her face.

"No! I am a good girl, I just don't like those carrots." she appeals.

"Well, these carrots will help you to have really good eyes. Do you want to have good eyes?" I question her and to that she nods. "Then, eat the carrots alright?"

Sabrina, although ver reluctant, nodded and picked up the fork.

I watched and stayed with her as she finished her food and until lunch time was over. I wasn't the assigned teacher for the afternoon classes so I merely stayed behind and helped the others clean up with the dishes and then help play with the children.

As the day ended, their parents who worked mostly within the pack also came in to pick up their children.

After my day at the daycare, I usually visited the pack house and hang out with whoever was there. Sometimes, Caroline, Quincy and I would go to a nearby human town and shop or watch a movie.

Sometimes, I went home and just accompanied my parents or read a book in my room.

For a year, that's how my life has pretty much been.

It's been a year since I left Luna Flumine. I haven't seen Archer since I rejected him. That night, I packed what belonging I had and left first thing in the morning. I didn't want to see Archer, I couldn't.