a falling apart

We were in Ian's pack for almost a week and Hazel wouldn't even spare me a glance, when there were meetings regarding action to take about the Strays, we were both there and she was civil, but aside that, I was nothing but thin air to her

On the outside, she was still her cheerful self, but when there were only the of us, her mood changed completely.

Seeing as to how Hazel was not planning to come back any time soon, the least I could do was be with her. And so I instructed Allan and the other warriors that came with us to return back to the pack and that it would take us a while before we were going to be back.

I tried so many times to approach Hazel, but she didn't want to. Especially that night she went out for a run and came back disheveled and crying. I was ready to get to her and embrace her and take her pain away, but the moment our eyes met, I understood that I was the last person she would have wanted to see.

Thankfully, Hannah was there. She was my messenger, she at least assured me that Hazel was alright and I had to satisfy myself with those crumbs of update on Hazel.

I can't count how many hours I've waited outside her room everyday and asking her to open up, but she wouldn't want to. She would open the door for two second only to tell me to go away or to go sleep.

We arrived in Chase's pack five days ago and the situation between my mate and I was pretty much still the same. It didn't help that both Chase and Hazel were very close friends. I had forgotten how close, but they were pretty damn close that it made me jealous, but like always, I had to hide that.

To see her finally laughing freely made me feel better even I wasn't the one making her smile, I was just glad that she could smile again.

But it didn't help that Ian and Kasen made fun of me, the only thing that kept me grounded and calmed was that I was sure that they were only friends and that most of the time, Chase wanted to make fun of me. And in times like that, it made me wonder if I wasn't able to give Hazel that same assurance.

Maddie, Chase's mate and the second warrior, was poisoned, but the danger was over as soon as Hannah healed her. Very quickly, she started recovering from the poison. And thankfully, that meant that Chase was at her service so he wasn't with Hazel.

But then something happened again, this time, Hannah was the one in danger. None of us knew that Panselinos' Luna was pregnant and healing Maddie put her baby in danger.

Good thing Hazel found her just in time and was able to calm her down and help her. As soon as we were notified of what happened, Ian rushed to his mate and I rushed to Hazel.

I found her in her room, she was on the floor, her head and arms buried on the bed as she cried. She cried so hard and my heart broke all the more. She must've known that I was the one that was there with her because she slowed down for a bit and tried to speak.